Meet Moon (And Me!)

Guest cvdrumsta

Guest cvdrumsta

Hi there! Figured my diarrhea question shouldn't be my only introductory post ... so, meet Moon!

945379_10151878686768222_66359086_n.jpg

Moon, previously known as Gable Moonlight, is the most wonderful hound. Even though I've only had her twelve days, she's already my best friend. She's quiet (haven't heard a bark or roo yet!), walks like a doll on her leash (our 'Moonwalks'), is friendly to every human and dog we've met, and loves to cuddle. And sleep. And cuddle while sleeping. Oh, and she sleeps with her eyes open and her nictitating membrane partially closed, which makes her look like she's possessed by demons.

Moon has already claimed 2/3rds of my couch and pretty much all of my bed, and I wouldn't have it any other way. When she rests her head on my leg or my arm or anywhere against me, I'm happy. I'm still in new mom mode, of course, worried about poop this and mysterious skin rash that (vet says possibly ringworm, possibly just irritation in an area of hair loss), and I never cease to be amazed at how much more relaxed Moon is compared to me.

Anyway, that's Moon. And I'm Carolyn. Don't worry about me, Moon is the cute one.

Guest BuckeyeAmy

She is so pretty! Congratulations! :balloonparty I have 2 Gable dogs and can attest to their wonderfulness! Best wishes, and don't worry about the poop issue. It will get better!

Guest RooMcClanahan

Aw, "moonwalks"! :wub:

Congrats on your gorgeous girl -- how great that she's already melted into your life this soon! Excited to see more pics, and welcome.

What a cutie! Congrats!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hi Carolyn,

Welcome to GT! :welcome2

Moon is a beauty!! :beatheart

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest cvdrumsta

Thanks everyone! A few of you mentioned that you know of/own 'Gable dogs.' I'd sure love to find out if anyone has any of Moon's littermates. Not sure why, guess I'm just curious.

And here's another picture: Moon rolled off the couch and just ... stayed there. She's a goof.

941120_10151891649948222_63416426_n.jpg

Welcome! Moon is very cute, and I love her name.

Gable Dodge is a very, very famous greyhound sire, with 10,000+ offspring, so you will find many relatives here -- I see he is further back in Moon's pedigree but on both sides. That's the lineage that is marked in Moon's racing name. Molotov and Oshkosh Racey/Flying Penske and Fortress are also very famous sires in her background -- she has VERY elite bloodlines! http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=HdYZ3H&d=gable+moonlight&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

Others here can give good advice about finding littermates. I see above that at least two of Moon's have also been adopted so you could try to get a contact via the adoption groups.

My Beth has Gable Dodge and Fortress as grandpas and says hi.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Welcome Carolyn & Moon! :wave

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest cvdrumsta

Welcome! Moon is very cute, and I love her name.

Gable Dodge is a very, very famous greyhound sire, with 10,000+ offspring, so you will find many relatives here -- I see he is further back in Moon's pedigree but on both sides. That's the lineage that is marked in Moon's racing name. Molotov and Oshkosh Racey/Flying Penske and Fortress are also very famous sires in her background -- she has VERY elite bloodlines! http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=HdYZ3H&d=gable+moonlight&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=

Others here can give good advice about finding littermates. I see above that at least two of Moon's have also been adopted so you could try to get a contact via the adoption groups.

My Beth has Gable Dodge and Fortress as grandpas and says hi.

I noticed Moon's elite family history, but genes aren't everything. The only home stretch my Moon is a champ at is stretching all over my home, and the only rail she hugs is the side rail of the couch. :P

But it's just as well, because now she gets to have a lazy country retirement (though the snow may come as a bit of a shock).

Thanks for the info--I know she has a couple thousand half siblings and cousins and so on, but finding actual littermates--pups she might actually recognize from her puppyhood--would be neat. I'm on the case.

But mostly I'm just trying to help her settle and find a diet she can tolerate. I'm glad to hear that everyone likes the Gable dogs; it doesn't take much time with one to see why!

:wave from Ontario.

All three of my hounds came to me out of Vermont.

Nixon is a 'Flying Penske' son...so does that make him Moons Step grandfather???? Or a second cousin, twice removed?

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg