Swelling In Lower Leg

Guest snowmo18

Guest snowmo18

Hi All,

Just noticed last night before bed that Raiders back lower leg (metatarsal) area is swollen..swelling doesnt go past the hock/wrist at all and does not swell at all into his toes..Its not bad swelling just puffy and more round shapped. Its hot to the touch, so I iced it for about 15 minutes before bed. He doesnt seem to care that I touch it and he is not limping. It was the same looking this morning. Any ideas? How long should I give it before seeing the vet?

Guest greytmomof4

Hi Morgan,

I'm dealing with what sounds like to be somewhat the same thing with my 9 yr. old. Same place too, the back lower leg just right above her foot. Poey will not bear any weight on it though.

If I were you I wouldn't wait to get Raider to the vet. I don't want to scare you at all and Im trying to be positve with Poey's situation but I had her at the vet yesterday, they did an xray of her foot and she has a bone tumor. This non weight bearing with her started 4 days ago and I knew something was not right because I checked her foot and leg real good to find nothing. She is on pain meds for the time being and I'm waiting for the vet to call me with her blood results to see about doing the biopsy. I hope for Raiders sake to turns out with good results but I know with Poey it's probably not going to be good with the way the vet talked to me and since January of this year she lost 3 lbs. she just doesn't want to eat for me anymore.

Good luck and let us know.

Lori

Guest snowmo18

So sorry to hear about Poey :(

I got an appointment for Raider this afternoon after work. Hes 5...extremely active..and it doenst seem to bother him, so not sure what it could be..sprain..thought he would at least act a little slower in running around. Bug bite maybe?