Treasure, April 12, 2001-May 6, 2013

robinw

Osteo. Last month her x-rays came out clean but over the weekend she had stopped eating and started to cought a lot. Took her to a different vet today for a second opinion. As she was showing me the tumour on the x-rays, a tech knocked on the door and called her out. Treasure had gone into respiratory distress and was oxygen. I went to see her and she couldn't breathe and was foaming at the mouth. We decided to let her go. It was quick and peaceful.

gallery_1830_3248_107073.jpg

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest goofydog

I am so, so sorry for what you are going through. Treasure is in a better place and she thanks you for that gift. Sending hugs and gentle thoughts for you in this very difficult time.

I'm so sorry. She was so beautiful...and much loved.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Robin, words fail me. I am so glad you were at the vet though, and not at home, when it happened. And that you were with her...hugs to you and Iker, my friend...

That is my most favourite picture of a super photegenic girl. The sparkle in her eye, the little toofers - just as perfect as she was.

Cancer is pure evil...

Edited by maximum

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Robin, I am so sorry for your loss. At a loss for words of comfort - how I hate Cancer, and how it robs us of time.

Run free sweet Treasure, you were so well loved.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Not fair. Not fair at all.

My thoughts are with you, Robin. You and Allen and Iker.

Only a very special girl could fill Loca's shoes. Treasure did that and more. She made a place for herself in your heart and so many others' hearts.

Godspeed, dearest Treasure.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Robin, I am so sad and sorry to read this. Treasure had a perfect little face, just like our Idol.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Oh no Robin! I'm so shocked and so very, very sorry. I know you must be devastated. A huge hug to you. Godspeed beautiful Treasure. You brought a smile to my face every time I saw your picture. I will miss seeing your photo's.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee