Activyl Tick Plus?

Guest whitefawn

Guest whitefawn

Hi everyone-

I was at the beach with my Winnie last week and we both came back home carrying ticks on us! I got this new anti-tick treatment at my vet's and was wondering if anyone had used it before (I'm always nervous using new stuff on her). It's called Activyl Tick Plus.

Thanks!

We started carrying this product at our clinic-we checked with Ohio State regarding the safety of this product with greyhounds-they said it was safe to use. I personally haven't tried it on my guys yet.

Remember-with this product---no kitties!

Edited by tbhounds

• 1 month later...
Guest whitefawn

Just a follow up on Activyl Tick Plus - I tried it on my girl and it seems to be working just fine. It did leave a sticky patch on her hair for about 10 days though.

The only negative feedback we have had was it does leave a residue on the coat longer than frontline does. What you can do is after 4ish days wet a washcloth with rubbing alcohol and wipe the coat down. That's usually all it takes.

FYI-this stuff works amazingly against ticks-since we started using this in our clinic we have not had a single client claim they have even seen a tick---we are in Northern NJ---geographically tick/Lyme central.

Another reminder though--no kitties around this product!

• 2 months later...
Guest JoyceJ

This is just the info I was searching for this morning. I've used Frontline Plus for years (different dogs) and only one summer did I have a flea issue. Our vet is not keeping it in stock although he will still special order it for me. And I HATE change.....Was wondering about Activyl Plus and it seems the only negative for the greys is the sticky residue. Still love this site although I don't have much time to visit these days. Thanks and {{Hugs}} for your hounds!!!