Laser Chiropractic Treatments

My Marilyn who just turned 12 is having trouble with her lower back again. She used to have adjustmetns by my vet in Ohio, but I am now in Gulf Shores. I found a people chiropractor to do accupuncture and some minor adjustments, but there is a vet here that does laser treatments. Marilyn got bumped by my big old 90 pound boy Red Raider and she was in bad pain last night. The Tramadol helped and she better today, but still stiff.

Anyone doing the laser treatments? Do they work pretty well?

Guest alannamac

I've done them on Red's leg (partially torn ACL and pins and screws in the hock).....noticeable pain relief afterwards. His limp has all but gone away. He didn't want to put weight on it at all when we went. If he starts to favor it again, I'll certainly take him for laser therapy. It really helped..

My vet was even taking the laser home to help her elderly mother become more mobile (back issues) and had used it on their own sprained ankle...said the pain was a little stronger in the hours after the treatment and then whammo...things felt much better. The cost was only 25.00 for one session, or 20 ea if you booked more than one.

That's in VA not sure what they charge in your area.

Certainly worth a try for a treatment or two to see if Marilyn improves. Back pain is the worst...hope she's feeling better soon.

My vet is a huge advocate of laser therapy and has seen amazing results (for both musculo-skeletal stuff and wound healing). Lots of vets all over are doing it now. I would absolutely do it any time I thought it could benefit Beth. I have had laser myself for a knee problem and it did seem to help.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Thanks for the positive feedback! This is good news. I will schedule an appt for her. The vet cost down here is much cheaper in Ohio. My other option is to go to Pensacola, but if my vet in Gulf Shores can do it, I will try her. I am pretty far down a peninsula and have to order all my food, treats, etc. Not much around here. Thank dog for the internet.

My Marilyn had an injury on the track. She has a very long ugly scar on her right rear leg.

It's worth a try. But our boy with LSS and disk disease did very well after the first treatment, not well after the second, and badly after the third. The vet administered the first, while techs alone administered the second and third. It also happens that not all dogs respond well to laser treatment. We discontinued the treatment and just stayed with acupuncture/chiro. Hope it works for you!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Great timing! I'm taking Treasure in for her first laser therapy treatment this coming Monday. I'm hoping it will help heal a soft tissue injury that she has had for about a month and a half.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Sam gets Chiro and lazer treatments. He has Lumbar stenosis(?) He would have pain episodes and would not put his back leg down. We started taking him twice a week, then once a week, not it is every 3 weeks. The treatment has done a lot of good. He seldom has a pain episodes now. The vet is a DVM in addition to Holistic treatments. I was skeptical of Chiropractic treatment and posted here for suggestions. The majority said try it.

Worked very well for my angel Sutra when he hurt his knees :nod

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• 1 month later...

This is difficult to write. My Marilyn crossed over that Bridge on May 21. I am still having a difficult time of it - probably because it happened in a blink of an eye. I took her for laser therapy with the intention of trying regular chiropractic (found a vet in Pensacola) and it was like a miracle. I could tell the laser therapy gave her immediate relief and she she walked better for the next ten days. She looked more content and there was happiness in her eyes. She started paying more attention to the little everyday things and came up to me for more attention. I was thrilled and rejoiced in her happiness. But on May 21, I saw her trot in the back door and then she started crying. Crying turned into screaming and then even got worse. Naturally, the vet office was closed (why does that always happen). I put in an emergency call and the vet met me at the clinic. By this time, Marilyn was in horrific pain and I had given her two Tramadol as soon as the pain started. I picked her up and carried her to car and it took me forever to get to the clinics - catching most of the lights. She was in such pain that I elected to let her go immediately in the back of the car. Her heart was at 220 and it took three sedative shots (enough for a 300 pound dog) to put her under. So she is at the Bridge now with all the others. When the vet moved her she hurt her bones and said something had broken. She was 12 (still young to most of us) but had a history of back problems. I have another 10 1/2 year-old who will likely need some kind of therapy in the next few months and will consider the therapy, but maybe will start with standard chiropractic. So hard to know what the best treatment is for them as every case is different. Sorry for the long post.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Run with the angels, Marilyn.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown