Welcome Cyrano!

Guest BuckeyeAmy

Guest BuckeyeAmy

51399A27.jpg

We are welcoming our new boy, Cyrano. He is our second retired racer and we already love him. He's a velcro dog, loves to give kisses and will cuddle with us. His name was chosen because of the very slight Roman nose that he has.

He is cousins with our Flynn. They share grand-sires (Gable Dodge and Oswald Cobblepot). He retired from Wheeling Downs on March 18, 2013 where he ran 119 races and won 15 (AA). :gh_run

73D2F300.jpg

He is learning a lot about being a house dog! He has had no behavioral issues, hasn't marked anything (what a good boy!) and respects Flynn's space. He's very puppyish in personality too and is always giving us big puppy dog eyes! He's a natural sitter and we are already working on that command as well as "wait". He's such a clever boy it won't be long before he's go it.

He's also an expert at roaching, something our Flynn has never done. Flynn is hard at work showing Cyrano the ropes at being retired. :coffee

69E449F8.jpg

We love both our boys so much! :heart:gh_run2:heart

That's an awesome name :lol Welcome home Cyrano :confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations & welcome home to Cyrano! :confetti Very handsome boy!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Congrats!!! Cyrano is a stunning boy!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest PiagetsMom

Cyrano......that's a name that I don't know that I've seen here! He's a beautiful boy :beatheart Congratulations!

Guest BuckeyeAmy

Thanks all for the wonderful well wishes! That's what I like about greyhound people. They are some of the nicest people I've known!

Congratulations!

The first pic is perfect given his name. It made me :lol

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest BuckeyeAmy

8A648FD8.jpg

Thanks all! We are enjoying getting to know Cyrano. He's such a cuddle bug which is something we're not used to because Flynn prefers not to cuddle.

Here they are napping today after a nice walk. Flynn is on the bed, Cyrano on the floor in front of his crate.

164B0086.jpg

Flynn is particularly zonked! :sleepy