Poor Bunny Is "backed Up"

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest Downtownhoundz

In spite of the pumpkin and milk, my poor Bunny can only do little pieces of poop. It looks like he has quite a load back there. I can't get him to the vets until tomorrow morning they were booked!

Guest Downtownhoundz

I haven't given him anything today because he is uncomfortable. I thought milk was supposed to "move" things along? He gets kibble and canned, salmon oil and a stool softener along with a cup of hot water over it. Maybe it's the milk bones I give him? I'll be glad when tomorrow comes for him!

I think I'd call the vet and agitate to get him seen today. This can't be good for him, and I'd think he's at risk of anal gland problems or other issues if this isn't resolved soon--quite apart from the fact that he's in discomfort. This latest round seems to have been going on for five days. That's too long.

Edited by KF_in_Georgia

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I think I'd call the vet and agitate to get him seen today. This can't be good for him, and I'd think he's at risk of anal gland problems or other issues if this isn't resolved soon--quite apart from the fact that he's in discomfort. This latest round seems to have been going on for five days. That's too long.

:nod

Hope you got him into the vet today and he has gotten some relief.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Downtownhoundz

He did go to the vet and they got him all cleaned out plus gave him fluids. She said it was like concrete.....my poor pup!

Curious...I know this has been an ongoing problem for Bunny since before you adopted him...is it that his intestines "extract" too much liquid? The opposite of a diarrhea problem?

Bernadette with Jak, Horizon, Kota, Barnaby, Madison, Earl, Tiggy, Finney, Tommy, Woody, Tyler and Lincoln all at the bridge

My hounds are on a raw diet, and Nixon tends to get a bit constipated if he gets too much bone.

A teaspoon of Metamucil keeps him regular.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg