What Is Iams "green Bag"

Guest Grey1

Guest Grey1

What is the actual label of the "Iams Green Bag"? We've had our grey for 5½ weeks and have had problems with her system. She came will a severe case of tape and round worms and after her deworming also received Panacure. She has "pudding poo" and on the advice of the vet we are currently feeding her boiled chicken, rice and pumpkin twice a day with Forti-Flora added once a day. She is supposed to start having kibble introduced to her meals but as soon as she gets Science Diet Adult Lamb and Rice her stools get extremely runny all over again. I would like to go pick up some Iams today to but want to make sure I am purchasing the correct bag. It sound like a little of that to start maybe exactly what she needs. I know she was being fed Iams Lamb and Rice at her foster's home.

It is Chicken and Rice, regular sized kibble. You could try giving your dog home cooked oatmeal. Works well for my dogs when they have stomach upsets.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Another green bag convert here. The formal name is "Iams Proactive Health." You can get it in two different kibble sizes, large breed and mini chunks. We get the large breed because it seems to force them to actually chew their food. I buy the huge 46 pound bags from Sams Club for around $38.

Another green bag convert here. The formal name is "Iams Proactive Health." You can get it in two different kibble sizes, large breed and mini chunks. We get the large breed because it seems to force them to actually chew their food. I buy the huge 46 pound bags from Sams Club for around $38.

There is an in-between size kibble. I get the regular sized kibble. I pay 42.99 (?) for a 50 lb bag at BJ's.

http://www.iams.com/dog-food/iams-proactive-health-adult-minichunks This is the only food that keeps Gracie regular and firm. She didn't care for the big chunks version so she only gets the minichunks.

While many suggest adding pumpkin to firm up the poop, it had the opposite effect on Gracie. With any of my greyhounds the first poops of the day were firm but became slightly less firm later in the day. Normal for all of them.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Make sure you transition gradually...too fast may cause pudding poo to continue. Good luck!

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

There is an in-between size kibble. I get the regular sized kibble. I pay 42.99 (?) for a 50 lb bag at BJ's.

Wow, you're right! They HAVE apparently come out with a 3rd size. This is it, right?

Adult Chunks (not "adult large breed" or "adult mini chunks"

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Wow, you're right! They HAVE apparently come out with a 3rd size. This is it, right?

Adult Chunks (not "adult large breed" or "adult mini chunks"

That's it. I buy it in BJ's, but, have seen it in Walmart as well.

Guest Doggone

I, too, switched Autumn to the green bag IAMS (whatever sized kibble that Costco carries). Oddly enough, she turns her nose up to the "fawncy" brands. She may look "upscale" but she has middle-class taste :D!

With her, it wasn't tummy-trouble, just a matter of preference.

Guest psdirector

When my boys came to me from the prison program they were on Science Diet and Hutch had a serious case of hookworms. The Science Diet just did not seem to agree with either of them and they didn't like it. The Iams green bag seemed to do the trick. Mr. Tibbs' poos are always perfect since he started on the green bag and Hutch's are sometimes ok, sometimes looser depending on where he is in his Panacur treatment (he's had two of three rounds for a super-nasty case of hookworms). They love the stuff. I add a dollop of yogurt in the morning and a dollop of canned (green can) Iams in the evening as well.

Guest sirsmom

Iams in the red bag is lamb & rice. One of ours doesn't care for Iams but has stomach issues without it so I mix it with another food and it works for her.

Guest BuckeyeAmy

It's the only food I use for my boys. Four cups a day total in 2 meals. I moisten it slightly to help with swallowing since they both tend to gag on dry kibble. Works great, they have firm stools and seem to like its taste. I've fed both the small and large kibble sizes. The larger size seems to work better for them.

Guest starbuck

After Starbuck's recent throw-up disasters, we ended up switching her to the green bag. Her dandruff is clearing up, her coat is fuller, she smiles all the time, and even better, she isn't puking anymore.

I feed the green bag here also. I know many feel it's the beet pulp, but I think there is another or combination of elements.

I have tried a few other foods over the past few months. One of the other brands also had beet pulp, but Sonny still had very soft or runny stools. Matt seems to do OK on any brand.

I had tried to switch back to Canidae a few months ago. Both Sonny and my foster had very loose/runny stools. I bought the magic green bag and after 2 meals with small amounts of Iams, stools had started to firm up already.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

Here's the infamous story one more time. :lol :lol

My Rex had runny and occasionally bloody poop. We fecaled and wormed him within an inch of his life. He had a standing script for flagyl. His stomach would gurgle so loud it would wake me at night.

I spent about 487 hours on line and in the dog food aisle studying foods. Tried every higher end food around (or so it seemed) Wellness, Solid Gold, Evo...tried limited ingredient (California Natural), novel proteins (Natural Balance)...This was about 10 years ago so choices were more limited than today. Nothing came out of Rex that could be scooped as opposed to hosed in. One day I got so frustrated that I threw a green bag of Iams in the cart and called it a day. I'd fed Iams for years before those "in the know" started lecturing about the demon corn.

His poop started firming up one or two days into transition and by the time he was on straight Iams I swear you could bounce his poop off the sidewalk. Never had another round of bloody runs and his stomach quit grumbling. It was amazing.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg