Sluggish Bowels

Guest Downtownhoundz

Guest Downtownhoundz

Aside from mineral oil which causes a big leaky mess, what can I give my boy to help him poop. It's always such a huge ordeal with him and he seems to be prone to constipation.

Has he always been constipated? Does it come and go? Constipation in dogs, as in humans, can be caused or exacerbated by what kind of food is eaten. Did you do any research to see if what he eats might cause this problem? Also, does he drink enough water... well, what is "enough." I don't know.. lol.. I just know that if it's lacking in a diet, that lack can contribute to constipation.

I think mineral oil can interfere with the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins, so you need to be careful how often it's used.

Edited by Feisty49

Guest Downtownhoundz

Thanks everyone...I had forgotten about using pumpkin so I'll try that on him. He's such a picky eater and I give him dry, 1/2 can of wet food,three pumps of salmon oil and a cup of hot water then mix it all together.He also eats whatever I'm eating....I jus can't resist that face..

For the wheatgrass powder, how much of that would I use?