Reflection And Lights

Guest Iceman41

Guest Iceman41

Since it's gotten warmer and sunnier there are all kinds of reflection on my ceilings from cars going buy or sun shinning through the curtains. My hound is so afraid of this. Any thought on this of why or are any your dogs like this?

(null)

Greys are quirky. The weirdest things make them goofy. Best thing you can do - be happy - confindent - say "oh you silly it's fine" in a happy voice and go about life. I've heard of greys that spooked over balloons, ceiling fans, a new table, you name it. The way to make it OK - is to let the dog know it's OK. I had a foster once that freaked out at the sound of frying bacon. Really. So - I cooked bacon every day for a week - the whole time happily yapping on about "oh, itsn't this fun, we're making bacon - again - la la la - I'm fine, your fine everybody's fine". My family's cholesterol count went up, but after a few days the dog quit freaking out about the sound of bacon - because it realize it was NORMAL - and nobody else was freaking out.

Guest Iceman41

Thanks

Don't like balloons ether heheh

She is a spook always has been

Maybe when I get another grey she will be more brave

Hoping

Bacon cooking is not a problem in my house very food motivated

My wife calls it food courage

Our girl dog Buffy is like this. She's also afraid of balloons and ceiling fans.

We made her a little dark spot in the house that she can run away to if she wants (we have an interior hallway that gets nice and quiet and dark). When she does hide, we just ignore her until she gets bored and comes back out to see what's going on. Then we praise her for being so brave and give her a treat if we have one. I think she is starting to improve.

Edited by muddgirl

8409816506_4027b1afc8.jpg

Batman (racing name CTW Battle Plan) adopted May 2011, passed away July 2017

Buffy (racing name CTW Bathsheba) adopted Oct 2012, passed away March 2022