Hi From Philly Area, Pa

PJR107

Wanted to pop over and say "Howdy" from the PJs (yep, myself and my husband are both PJ) with our new "baby" Denise. We rescued her from Bay Area Greyhound Adoption while on spring break in Tampa. Yes, we have been looking at greyhounds for sometime and with the passing of my 18yr old border collie, it all fell into place :) She has adjusted amazingly to our household, she loves to lay in my son's bed when he isn't home and for story bedtime. I am at home almost all the time and when I do leave the house, she's usually with me anyway.

Will post pics as soon as I can!

Glad to be here and look forward to chatting with all of you!

-pj

Welcome from lower Delaware. You have a few active groups in your area if you ever want to attend any greyhound pinics or events.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Congreytulations to all the PJs and Denise. You drove a new dog from Florida to Philly? You're brave :) and she must have done well in the car.

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Pictures are still "ahem" giving me trouble so I have to stick the tech hubby on it but he's on that "honey-do" list so I don't want to interrupt that.

Yes, we were really brave to drive from FL to PA.... two days and loads of stops and an overnight stay in a hotel with only a king size bed. That's three of us (me, hubby, and 9yr old son) and a dog who had to be touching my husband to sleep :) Now that was funny! She now is attached at the hip to me because I'm home all day.

We are looking for events because I want to make sure she is around other greyhounds at least. My parents live in Lewis Beach (DE) area so I know we are going to be attending the weekend that is down there and there is a grapehound tasting up in the NY fingerlakes area so that is on our list too.

And Liz from Pottsville: we drive by you quite a bit! My inlaws live in Shamokin so we drive up there at least once a month if not more (in fact, next weekend the boys are fishing up there).

Thanks again all and hope to see ya soon!

-pj

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and welcome from Schwenksville (Collegeville area) :welcome2

Jackie, with hounds Dazzle and Tangerine

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

:wave Welcome to GT! Looking forward to pictures of your new girl. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown