Hi From Massachusetts!

Guest chickenpotpie

Guest chickenpotpie

We just adopted our very first puppy! Her name is Lucky, she's so adorable and I think she'll fit in with our family. Of course pictures are forthcoming when we get her!

I have a minor question though; We have two gigantor aloe plants, here's one 4155379280_babd0e7939.jpg I was curious if the dog ever ate any part of it if it would hurt her at all. We've had these for 10+ years and they're kind of a fixture in our house. BTW they're on an organic diet. No funny stuff going on there...lol

Guest chickenpotpie

Thanks so much for the information Jayne. Besides the fact they don't exactly taste all the good, when we get her we're certainly going for some obedience training concerning these guys. @Jaj2010, they're huge, this was the very last time we replant because even with the 2 of us, we couldn't carry the pot. We also no longer sit them out for the summer because they come back in double the size. Thank goodness for reinforced floors! People are always fascinated how we got them to grow so big. We always answer that we ignore them and water/feed a few times a year (which is true...lol)

Guest Wasserbuffel

I kill things often :)

I kill things always. I'm glad I'm better with animals than plants, otherwise I'd be in jail for criminal neglect, or abuse, or something!

Congreytulations to you and Lucky! When does she arrive?

One of my dogs doesn't eat things to "eat" them, he just seems to like putting teeth marks in textured things. He would love your aloes.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Guest chickenpotpie

Thanks Ellen and Schultzlc Lucky is going to be spayed on Wednesday and will be to our house Thursday afternoon. tornadosgirl most of our house is of that shiny wood. Its not terribly slick though its that no wax stuff. Hopefully it won't freak her out.

BTW, in order to kill an aloe you have to basically put it in a closet and/or water it half to death. The only real necessary thing is a sunlit window. I figure if my mom couldn't kill them, they're safe for everyone (thankfully shes good with humans huh?) When we got our first, it was an itty bitty thing from Home Depot. Its been split probably 6 times over the last 10+ years.