Tiny Spots Of Hair Loss On Legs And Feet

I just noticed today that Henry is getting these tiny little spots of hair loss on his legs and feet. No swelling or licking, nothing has changed diet-wise. The only thing that is new is that has changed is I started giving him 3g melatonin about three weeks ago. Could it just be from him blowing out his coat? Or maybe grass allergies? We've had him for three years, and I've never encountered this before.

My guys don't get bald spots when they blow coat, and there's usually itching if it's allergies. If the spots get bigger, or if he gets more of them, I'd probably take him in to the vet for a skin scrape to check for demodectic mange.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Any chance he scraped his leg on something that pulled the hair out? Or that scraped him up and those could be scars?

Otherwise I agree with the other posts.

That's what I originally thought. We've been to the dog park a bunch since the weather got nicer, so I thought he might've scraped it. But there weren't any cuts. We have an appointment Monday for a skin scraping.

I can't tell exactly from the pics but Teague's legs often have little tufts of fur missing that look similar. He does it walking and running through grass, sticks, etc. on all of our hikes. There aren't cuts/red marks or anything, just tufts of fur that come out from bumping or scraping against things. He (nor I) ever notice it happening.

Just throwing that out as another option. I sure hope it isn't mange! Good look with the vet check.

Just wanted to update on Henry's skin situation. Skin scraping came back negative for yeast and parasites (so no demodex), but lots of bacteria. So it looks to be a bacterial infection. He's on Cephalexin for three weeks, and they gave me Vetericyn Veterinary Strength Wound Spray as a topical. Hoping it resolves itself soon!