Sign in to follow this  
Guest Isabella

Beautiful Fuzzies Up For Adoption In Nebraska....wish I Had Room!

Guest Isabella

Came across these beautiful Staghounds that were rescued from a bad situation in Nebraska. Izzy would love to have one for a friend, sure wish I could!! I hope they find forever homes soon !

15274.jpg15231.jpg15342.jpgNE83.25689663-2-x.jpg

http://www.hua.org/adopt-a-friend

they are listed under Scottish Deerhound

The organization is Hearts United for Animals in Auburn, Nebraska

Edited by Isabella

Wow, they sure are gorgeous! That first one does look like a dandelion. :)

Rhonda, can you post the link for the group so people would have a way to contact them if they were interested? Wow. Think you should share them on GT on Facebook, too.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Holy ...I'm speechless. I WILL have a fuzzy one day

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

There's a link in the initial post after the last pic. Or you can use this one.

ETA: The group also has a few greyhounds rescued from the same situation.

Edited by JJNg

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

My friend adopted the bottom one. Her name is now Jessie. Either the black male or the white male is gone as well. I can't remember which she said. The brindle boy was still available as of last weekend. They also have 5 greyhounds available.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest Isabella

There's a link in the initial post after the last pic. Or you can use this one.

ETA: The group also has a few greyhounds rescued from the same situation.

Thanks for pointing that out, I was just going to post that!

My friend adopted the bottom one. Her name is now Jessie. Either the black male or the white male is gone as well. I can't remember which she said. The brindle boy was still available as of last weekend. They also have 5 greyhounds available.

I'm so glad they are finding homes! Your friend is a lucky girl, Jessie is GORGEOUS!

Ohhhhh myyyyyy....THUD! White dogs are my weakness, and a white fuzzy....oh my! Good thing I am in NY!

Wellll, you could make a road trip, you know you have to drive through Iowa, you could bring Tessie and her and Izzy could have a play date!! It's a plan!!

YIKES are they gorgeous!! So glad to hear that they're finding homes. The greys are precious too. I hope they all find their :sofa soon :)

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

I'm so glad they are finding homes! Your friend is a lucky girl, Jessie is GORGEOUS!

Wellll, you could make a road trip, you know you have to drive through Iowa, you could bring Tessie and her and Izzy could have a play date!! It's a plan!!

It does sound like a plan...lol. Tessie and Izzy could do the play date, and Kare Bear could visit some of her track friends in Iowa...that's where Kare Bear retired from.

Guest Isabella

It does sound like a plan...lol. Tessie and Izzy could do the play date, and Kare Bear could visit some of her track friends in Iowa...that's where Kare Bear retired from.

Perfect!

When she was there, none of the greys had been adopted. I think HUA does mostly small, puppy mill dogs. Not sure how many big dogs they adopt out. Jessie is awesome, she was at our meet & greet last weekend and loved everyone. Enjoying her two greyhound brothers and is already sleeping on the bed and on the sofas.

Said the other two boys were really sweet. The brindle boy likes some other dogs and not others and since they already had 2 boys they decided to take Jessie.

Here she is in her new home

jessie_zpsab9eb1e8.jpg

Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Wow, they are all beautiful!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Isabella

Jessie is awesome, she was at our meet & greet last weekend and loved everyone. Enjoying her two greyhound brothers and is already sleeping on the bed and on the sofas.

She looks so happy! What a wonderful ending to an awful situation :( That is the type of situation Izzy came from also, I hope the Staghound's and the Grey's all find new loving forever homes!! Wish my home could be one of them, lol, but alas no room at the inn right now :(

Oh. My. God. Those dogs are ADORABLE!! Hoping they find their forever home soon! :)

Guest happygrey

Oh my! Would you please try and entice her to join us here on GT. With some pictures? :) :) :)

ETA: Guess I had to read more to see the pix you posted! :coffee

Edited by happygrey

Although I'm not generally a fan of fuzzy dogs .... I would have to make an exception for Wayne.

http://www.hua.org/components/com_mtree/img/listings/o/15272.jpg

Edited by Diane4114

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17
diane4114siggy3.jpg

Wayne, the white one, was the other one who was adopted.

Concord, the black male and Yutan the brindle/sable one are both still there.

Ohh, I want the brindle one.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

I'm glad to see that some of them are finding homes. A friend of mine, local to them, inquired about fostering several months ago, when they got the hounds. She has sighthound experience but the shelter was not interested in a foster situation. So, I lost track of them after that. Thanks for sharing them. :)

These dogs are adorable! If there were here in So Cal, they'd all be snatched up already. Adopters here love them.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound