Jabari 06/08/99 - 04/05/13

RileysLegacy

Guest Gemma

When I saw this thread, my heart sank. :( I am so deeply sorry for your loss. You and Jabari obviously had a special bond; I saw it in every photo you shared of him. He's a big part of why I plan to adopt an IG very soon.

I hope you'll be gentle with yourself in the days ahead. Your boy knew he was so loved, and you were lucky to have each other.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest IrskasMom

Lucy , I don't know what to say. Sorry is just not going to cut it. I am beyond hurt . Hurt for you and the Pain you are feeling that is so real.

I will keep you in my Thoughts . The Bond you and him had will never be forgotten and neither will GT be the same .

((((Lucy)))) What a lucky guy. And how lucky you were to share a life with him. I'm so sorry.

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

I'm so very sorry for your loss of Jabari. I also lost a dog while out of town and know it makes the loss even worse because you didn't get a last goodbye. Know that he's at the Rainbow Bridge with Riley awaiting you,Puzzle, and Legs one day.

I'm so sorry you lost your baby. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious little Jabari.

Love that captures the heart and touches the soul remains forever. Hold the special memories close to your heart.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Lucy, I am crying for you and for a beautiful little guy I never met. But I, like so many others, felt that I knew him. Thank-you for sharing him with us.

I think sometimes a dog and an owner are meant to be together, and that is true of you and Jabari. How you loved him, and how you will miss him. I know that ache of not being with a heart dog to say good-bye. Please be gentle with yourself, and know that you were both so very blessed.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Jabari.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest PiagetsMom

Thank you for sharing your wonderful pics of Jabari, and all of your pups. He was a handsome boy, and obviously well loved. I'm so very sorry :grouphug

{{{{{{{{{{Lucy}}}}}}}}}}

Godspeed, little man.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm sorry. His pictures.....well...he just looks like a little ray of sunshine.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Lucy, I am so sorry! Your tribute and photos are precious. You and Jabari were so lucky to have found each other and you did a wonderful job of creating the memories that will help soften the jagged edges of your broken heart.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so very sorry that your special little man is gone. I can only imagine how difficult it is to say goodbye from a distance, but you did what was best for him, and I hope that is of consolation. Please remember all the good times that you shared with him.

Godspeed Jabari.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest MnMDogs

Lucy, I don't have any words to express how sorry I am. My mouth dropped when I saw his name. You're in my thoughts during this very sad time.

Lucy there was a love and bond so strong between you and Bari!!! You have it with Puz and Legs, and you had it with Riley. I have been lucky enough to hang out with you on several occasions and saw it. Amazing!!!! They are blessed to have found their way to you and vica versa. Riley and Jabari are reunited and you will see them again. May you smile more at the memories than shed tears at the loss. As I already told you, let me know if there is anything I can do. Miss you! See you soon. ;)

The Girls

:weep My heart sank when I saw this thread. I am so sorry. Its been said before but really there just are not any words to express all the emotions. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful remembrance and honestly those are some of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen in my life. There is just so much love and happiness in them-it just jumps right out the picture and gets on you and brings a smile to your face when you look at them-and that's the key thing-celebration of Jabari's beautiful noble and greyt spirit. I do believe he will always be a part of this forum and of course he will always be with you too. It is comforting to picture him now-healthy and whole again-and oh so happy. Thank you Jabari. Thank you for the love that you spread to everyone.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red:gh_lay

Guest jettcricket

"I keep thinking I see him out of the corner of my eye, or expect him to be laying in his usual spots.' He'll always be with you Lucy...thou not in body, but in spirit. Sending you peace and white light..... :f_red