Jabari 06/08/99 - 04/05/13

RileysLegacy

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your precious Jabari. The first dog I got as soon as I graduated from college and had my own place was an IG. I know what lovebugs they are. Jabari was beautiful and your pictures are breathtaking. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucy, what a beautiful loving tribute to Jabari. Although he's gone he will always be in your heart and the hearts of many here on GT. Rest well sweet Jabari, you will be missed by many.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so sorry you lost your special little guy.

What a selfless decision you made for him. That's pure love.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

That last picture of you and 'bari just says it all. I am thankful to him because I wouldn't have met you if it hadn't been for him, and I'm so, so sad that I never got to meet him.

You are in my thoughts. I'm so very sorry.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

I am so very, very sorry :cry1 :cry1 those pictures are just the sweetest things I've ever seen. What a much-loved boy :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I am so sad to read of Jabari's passing, my deepest condolences. I too read of his recent illness and was hoping he would get better. Thank you for sharing his life and pictures :grouphug:grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Guest FawnFan

Lucy, your tribute is beautiful. Thank you for giving him his forever home and all of the love and kisses he could ever want. Thank you also for sharing a glimpse into your world and for those great pictures. I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet little man run free.

Oh no, I'm so sorry you lost him and that you couldn't be there. Please try to be gentle with yourself these next few weeks--Jabaria would want that.

Godspeed little man, you were and still are loved by many.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to post. each one of your comments helps.

Puzzle is having a tough time. I was looking thru old photos & videos & they loved each other SO much. I might make a thread soon w/ some of the pics, I just want you all to see b/c they were sooo cute. It just doesn't seem right to see Puzz laying in a bed all alone. It's heartbreaking :brokenheart

{{{{{{{{{{Lucy & Puzzle & Legs}}}}}}}}}}

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to post. each one of your comments helps.

Puzzle is having a tough time. I was looking thru old photos & videos & they loved each other SO much. I might make a thread soon w/ some of the pics, I just want you all to see b/c they were sooo cute. It just doesn't seem right to see Puzz laying in a bed all alone. It's heartbreaking :brokenheart

Poor Puzzle :grouphug

I'm looking forward to your thread. I love seeing their pics.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Oh Lucy,

I'm just seeing this. I'm so sorry your sweet boy had to go. I've loved him from afar for years. Godspeed sweet sweet boy.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest iconsmum

oh, he was just beautiful!!! your pictures are a treasure - thank you for sharing. (I'd love to see about 50 more). You have honoured your boy's memory and given some of us something tempting to think about (she says, flipping over to her google homepage :)

RIP lovely puppy...

I'd seen your post on FB but I'm only now seeing this touching tribute and pictures so beautiful that they almost made my heart stop. SO much love. And with great love, now, I"m sure, comes a great sense of loss. I know how much you loved your sweet little man. I am so terribly sorry you had to be parted. I hope you're okay.

Thinking of you :beatheart:grouphug

Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.