Sign in to follow this  
Guest june

Gh Scream Of Death Video?

Guest artemiss

When her heart finally gave out, when she began seizing, my husband said Ez did a howl/scream of death so different and blood-curdling that it had the other dogs howling too, so I agree, that is terrible thing I would not wish on anybody. :(

That said, she was also a drama-queen over the littlest things and silent for the big ones..the most memorable would be the time when she had an injury that needed to be left alone and we tried an inflatable e-collar. It was so loose it fell off the minute she stood up and dropped her head, but when I'd put it over her head, she'd begin to scream like it was white-hot and burning her. Now me dressing the gaping wound that made me cringe every time I saw it (the reason the cone was needed), not a peep.

I am happy (I think) to say that the GSOD has only happened in my experience when no serious harm has been done....when broken and dislocated bones and impalements (is that even a word) have occured they have not made a sound....and long term regulars here will have heard of the poor vet nurse who is still in therapy after she squeezed my bridgekid Scully a little too hard!

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I had two screamers... Nadia and Honey. Nadia would scream if she stubbed a toe but would remains silent for far more serious injuries. And toward the end, when she was in obvious pain, she remained totally stoic. Honey was far more scary... her scream accompanied a "mystery" limp. Fortunately, it turned of to be a soft tissue injury, but...

The only video I could find

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Cody would GSOD when I stepped on her toe - painful, but come ON!! When she sliced a pad in half, absolute quiet!!

(Love the dog who would GSOD when it stepped in poo!!!)

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Hard to get a vid of a GSOD, just because it's so sudden. Really, it is a startling sound - you couldn't miss it - trust me.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest Noosh

The GSOD is a well used, go to, show of emotion for Emma.

When taking her coat off one morning, she ran off without checking what was in front of her- and bam! Straight into that clothes drying rack.

Socks, undies and squealing greyhound pandemonium! The whole house came running.

Then of course, the nail clipping. Oh, (hand across forehead) the pathos...and the noise!

Not forgetting the 3am episode: being sent back to her bed after an hour of shenanigans, all it took was a directive given on her collar. SCREAM!!

:hehe:ghplaybow:hehe:ghplaybow

Bella GSOD'd the other day because she zigged around a stop sign instead of zagging :P and her leash clanged on the metal pole :rolleyes: But, slice open her paw requiring 10 stitches? Not a sound....

Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

I just played the video. Both dogs came running, ears up and Mason did the adorable head tilt. He's very concerned.

Molly broke her paw, wiped out in the yard badly enough to require stitches and didn't utter a sound either time. But, Mason accidentally bumped into her and the GSOD that could be heard for miles. Oh, and let's not forget the GSOD at the vet's office that could be heard across the office. Apparently she objected to the x-Ray.

Guest Scouts_mom

Rules for responding to a GSOD:

1. Check for breathing and blood. Respond as appropriate if not breathing or if there is lots of blood.

2. Check if the dog is stuck somewhere. If they are, work at getting them unstuck.

3. Apologize for whatever caused the GSOD. It is all your fault. Promise that you will never let it happen again.

4. Apply treats.

5. Check an hour later to make sure it is forgotten.

6. Apologize again.

The first week I had my first grey, Scout, she let out the GSOD while running. She held her paw up as if it was broken and I was sick with worry. I could see nothing wrong, but rushed her to the E-vet ($100 just for walking thru the door). I'm sure the vet got a laugh out of the situation as she could find nothing wrong and Scout loved the attention. Luckily the vet took pity on me, a new nervous owner, and didn't charge me on the condition I sign her up for their blood donor program.

I am horrified that a dog would scream as it is being PTS. Something is wrong with the protocol used and I would never trust that vet again. Maybe the vet is trying to cut costs, but that is no excuse. It should take 2 shots, one to put the dog into a deep sleep and then one then to stop the heart. I've had to PTS several dogs and cats and that is exactly what was done.

Edited by Scouts_mom

woke up this morning at 5:30am out of a sound sleep to one of the Quints doing the GSOD. Was down the hallway, down the stairs and outside before I was even awake. DH was laughing at me, as Willy-Bear had only stubbed his toe on a small pebble. He tried to make Willy-Bear "apologize to Mommy for getting her all upset", but the big goof was having none of that...apparently it was MY fault the big baby had hurt his toe!

argh!

Miss Tiana is a champion at the GSOD...will do it before you even touch her, if she doesn't want to be touched. Gotta love those spooky Divas!

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

I didn't think of it or I could have gotten a GSOD video of Joy last Saturday when she was having blood drawn (just routine). It lasted for the whole draw - maybe a minute or so.

Carol, missing Magic (1/5/01 - 4/15/15) but welcoming Fuzzy's Joy Behar (Joy) into my life on 5/31/15.