Sign in to follow this  
Guest june

Gh Scream Of Death Video?

Guest june

Received an email from a friend looking for a video of the GH scream of death. Tried doing a search and got all kinds of references to scream of death, but didn't find a video.

Anyone know of one and would you be willing to supply me with a link? My friend is not on GT.

Thanks!

june

Guest zombrie

Don't have a video because I'm never prepared for it :P My fool of a big cow dog is always screaming, he's my diva! All I can say is... you know what it is when you hear it :lol

I think I could imiitate it more easily than capturing a video when it actuallly happens <_< Note that the GSOD usually happens when there's nothing major happening, but if they've broken a leg, sliced a tendon and are bleeding to death, they'll be silent......

Edited by sarabz

bella-1.jpg
KT Britta (race name), now Bella
Gotcha Day - 4/10/2010

Guest zombrie

I think I could imiitate it more easily than capturing a video when it actuallly happens <_< Note that the GSOD usually happens when there's nothing major happening, but if they've broken a leg, sliced a tendon and are bleeding to death, they'll be silent......

Good point!! Very true. Doolin screams all. the. time.... To the point where I just ignore it now and tell him man up! But when he broke his toe? Or when he fell down the stairs and cracked open his foot? Not a single peep came out of him, not even a whimper.

:lol :lol That is sooooo true!!! Both my girl and the boy I just lost did the GSOD over stupid stuff like getting scared or having their nails done, but the boy ripped off a nail and didn't make a peep, and the girl nearly ripped a tooth out (it was hanging on by the root!) and didn't make a peep!!!

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

Yep, same here. Capri would stub a toe and GSOD, but all three times she completely ripped off her dew claw, not a peep.

To the OP: Note that if you experience a GSOD in your dog, do pay attention, but be aware that the blood-chilling screams may or may not be indicative of a severe problem. :lol Sensitive breed and all.... :lol

Sharon, Capri, Loki, Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Sit. Stay Safe! by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

Guest june

Leah is totally good at the GSOD - here's a quick video of her terrorizing Jimmie and then screaming for a short bit at the end.

That is too funny!

Thanks for posting the video. I hope it is what my friend wanted. Well, even if it isn't I really enjoyed it.

june

For the new greyhound folks please don't get the impression it is always a funny thing. The true GSOD got its name for a reason. Cash did it when she crashed while running and was paralyzed and later just before she died. Aggie did it when she was 13 and had fallen into a snow drift upside down and couldn't get out etc. Sometimes it is deadly serious unfortunately.

Edited by racindog

Guest larock

For the new greyhound folks please don't get the impression it is always a funny thing. The true GSOD got its name for a reason. Cash did it when she crashed while running and was paralyzed and later just before she died. Aggie did it when she was 13 and had fallen into a snow drift upside down and couldn't get out etc. Sometimes it is deadly serious unfortunately.

I agree, you should really hope you never hear it - ever.

I've heard the dreaded GSOD, but not when you would expect it!! I heard it when I wanted the confroter he was laying on. Or when I was trimming his claws. Or when he just wants to FAKE me out!!! I've never herad the GSOD when he tore his Achilles tendon, when he got scratched up in the process of killing a groundhog, when he tore his toenail into the quick.... never when it was warranted... he is the boy who cried "WOLF"

LOVED that video Jody posted!!!! Screamed and laughed so loud watching it!!! HILARIOUS and true (she wasn't realy hurt wen she screamed)

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Yeah - Enza is quite the diva but I only get the scream when something is wrong and she is very surprised by it. There's a lot I can roll my eyes out, but if I hear, I know something is off.

I think the key to GSODs is really knowing your dog. Many give one out over minor things and don't make a squeak when there's something really wrong - but then there are also the screams when something goes REALLY wrong.

bella-1.jpg
KT Britta (race name), now Bella
Gotcha Day - 4/10/2010

The video was a great example, it got every dog in my house up and running, which is something else for newbies to look for if they have more than one dog in the house. Dogs tend to go after the dog who is screaming.

Judy, mom to Do Bee, Bandita, Angel and Gizmo

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

Guest grey_dreams

:nod:weep

We just had a GSOD in the house yesterday. Thankfully I was standing right there when it happened. It was horrifying: Molly accidentally touched Mason's leg. Seriously, horrifying. He looked at me. When I didn't react he "limped" off to his crate to sulk. Had I not seen it happen I would have been panicked.

My bridgegirl Bliss gave the GSOD everytime she got an ear rub; she would grunt appreciatively and then...the GSOD. Drama queen. Of course, when she fell out of the car and rolled down the driveway, silence.

Guest kkaiser104

Teddi has GSOD'd once--we were laying in bed and he rolled over onto my laptop charger. It was hot (not hot enough to hurt him, obviously), it startled him, and the GSOD woke my roommate and her puppy up. I hope I never hear it because there is real danger.

Guest psdirector

Hutch gives the GSOD for things that scare him - when he banged his foot in the yard (combination of surprised and scared), when he caught a foot in the lanyard hanging out of my pocket for my keys (that was a definite sheer panic situation), when the vet touched a sore muscle in his thigh (she said it was truly a sore spot for him). BUT he also did it last night when he bumped into DH's foot while he was walking by. DH was just sitting on the floor minding his own business and Hutch barely touched him.

I do check him over to be sure he's ok. We've only had him and his brother for three weeks and it's hard to balance worrying and wanting to be a good, caring grey mom with not making too big of a deal when there isn't a reason to. The GSOD is very guilt-inducing!

On the other hand, Hutch has been suffering with hookworms the past few days and he hasn't been feeling well at all. He was so quiet and was so obviously sick that, just like when my kids were sick, it made me wish he'd feel good enough to be dramatic. Last night's scream made me jump, but also made me think he was starting to feel better. Today he was obviously feeling much better - without the drama.

Guest june

I have heard the GHSOD when it wasn't funny and one of my dogs was hurt--not seriously, but hurt; 8 stitches worth. My neighbor from a block away heard the scream and came running over to see what was wrong. She actually knows my dogs well enough she knew which one screamed! :hehe

Edited by june

Guest ladyhound

I will never, ever, forget when Luna did it the first time. She was asleep curled up in a cozy chair on an afghan. One of her toenails was poking through the afghan and when she moved her foot she noticed it. That GSOD made my blood run cold and brought EVERYONE in the house running, out of a dead sleep, at something like 4 or 5 am. Whew, that was in 2006 I think and I still shiver thinking about it. My funny little queen bee could be quite the diva!

I will never, ever, forget when Luna did it the first time. She was asleep curled up in a cozy chair on an afghan. One of her toenails was poking through the afghan and when she moved her foot she noticed it. That GSOD made my blood run cold and brought EVERYONE in the house running, out of a dead sleep, at something like 4 or 5 am. Whew, that was in 2006 I think and I still shiver thinking about it. My funny little queen bee could be quite the diva!

Haha! This reminds me. Boo is a total baby and will GSOD at almost anything now. But the first time we heard it, 2 months after he came home, we were staying at my in-laws vacation condo. In the middle of the night he got a blanket "stuck" on his foot and was whining, so DH let him out of his crate to see what was up and the blanket was dragging around. He simply removed the blanket from his foot and the scream Boo let out woke me (and the rest of the entire condo building) up. It was horrifying to hear, and all of the neighbors asked us "what happened to your dog last night?!" the next day... we felt like they thought we were dog abusers.

siggie_zpse3afb243.jpg

Bri and Mike with Boo Radley (Williejohnwalker), Bubba (Carlos Danger), and the feline friends foes, Loois and Amir

It can be very serious. Jack did this while he was dying in my arms and it's not something I want to experience again.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

It can be very serious. Jack did this while he was dying in my arms and it's not something I want to experience again.

My Lima did the same - screamed and then died in my arms.

Leah, the screamer in the video, did not make a squeak last night when she was attacked by the pit mix.

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart