Target

thehouseofearl

Our beautiful boy is gone.

His brain tumor was making it very difficult for him to stand and walk.

Although he was only with us for 5 months he captured our hearts immediately. He instantly became a part of our family. We all loved him so much.

I spent as much time as possible sitting in the Dining Room with him as he couldn't come down the stairs any more. He could always see whoever was in the living room or kitchen so he was never really alone but I felt so bad for him.

He loved to go and do his little 'romp' in the back yard, albeit only a few short seconds but the last 2 days he couldn't even do that and last night and today we couldn't let him off leash and we were by his side every time he went out because his balance was leaving him. It looked so uncomfortable for him.

God how I hated to see this again. It was so much like Dante in his last days only 6 months ago.

He spent his day today eating what ever he wanted and sleeping all afternoon.

He went to the bridge with Mommy, Daddy and Madison all showering him with love.

We miss you Target and you will always be with us in our hearts and memories.

Target_zps5368783c.jpg

What a darling boy, and how monstrously unfair that he couldn't stay longer with you.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, handsome.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious Target. What a handsome and loved boy.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

My heart is breaking for you. I know it is just so extremely painful to watch their very brain taken away from them. :grouphug But he is well now. Well and whole and happy. I have told my bridge angel Minny(also brain disorder victim) to find him. Minny will take care of him and welcome him. There has never been a creature any more compasionate than Minny.

:f_red:f_red:f_red:f_red

:gh_child Cancer is so limited

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit.

-Anonymous

Edited by racindog

Liz, Larry and Madison, we are so sorry. You have had so many losses these last few years. But your love for your greys always comes first, no matter how painful. Wishing you much strength as you once again grieve for a loved one. Godspeed Target...rest well sweetie. :weep

:grouphug for all of you. Ben and Bailey will get an extra hug today in your honour.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry for your loss. It is especially sad for me as Idol left at 7 years old, too. I know exactly how you feel. It is so unfair.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I am so very, very sorry :( :( :cry1 I'm so glad he was able to spend his last 5 months in your very loving care :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh, Liz, I can't tell you how sorry I am. So much sadness and loss in too short a time. You loved him so much, and though it's sad that he didn't get to stay longer, he knew that he was safe and cherished.

Doug and I are thinking of you and Larry with much sympathy, and sending you cyber hugs---wish we could hug you in person!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I am so very sorry your sweet boy left you so soon. He knew he was loved though and thank you for opening up your home to him.

Run free Target, run free sweetie... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so very sorry. He should have been able to stay with you much longer.

Godspeed Target.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)