This Is A Thread I Hoped I Would Never Have To Make

Our hearts are breaking with yours. I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us everyday of those we love. I am so sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cry1 To say I'm sorry seems so inadequate. You gave him your all and he gave you his. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

It's hard to type thru the tears, Jay. Six was way too young. My OS girl lasted 6 months and a few days as well.

I also lost a young one (not the same as my OS girl). She was 5 when I lost her to liver disease. She left me 14 yrs ago and all the dogs I have had since then were all her legacy. Including the one that became my heart and soul.

The pain will never leave. But it does become bearable.

:grouphug

So very heartbreaking. We all are grieving the passing of your beautiful Tempo.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:( sending love and strength your way. Macho will be his best bud at the Rainbow Bridge. My heart breaks to know another one was taken from us by cancer. :(

Mom to Macho (JS XtremeMachine 1/12/2007 -8/17/2012 ... Gotcha day 9/2/2011. I miss you BigMan)
Moonbeam (Ninos Full Moon 11/1/2009, Gotcha day 9/2/2012), Hattie (Kiowa Hats Off 4/14/2011, Gotcha day 10/13/2012), Keiva (JS Igotyourbooty 1/12/2007, Gotcha Day 1/8/2014)
Jimmy (Blu Too James 06/26/2014, Gotcha day 09/12/2015)
, a shepard mix named Tista, some cats, and some reptiles.

Guest IrskasMom

Jay , we are all Heartbroken over your Loss and we are all sharing your Grief , Please don't stay away to long from GT. :grouphug

Edited by IrskasMom

I'm so, so sorry. I really wish I didn't know how you feel, but I do.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

You did everything you possibly could for your beautiful boy.

You kept him happy and loving life until you knew it was time to let

him go.

Even though you weren't the one that held him in his last minutes, you

were there and that's all that counts. He left this world with your loving

presence, the sweet dad that always tried to do everything he could to make

his world the most wonderful place that he'd ever been in.

So very, very sorry for you. You tried so hard to make him well...

He'll remain at your side always.

Bless you for your love of greyhounds.

I am heartbroken reading this, which nothing compared to how you feel. You did your very best and made the right choice at every turn and that is all we can do for our dogs. I too lost my exceptional heart dog to osteo last summer. It's so crushing. Take good care of yourself and remember your boy is no longer in pain. For me adopting another hound, (well two hounds since I lost both my greyhounds in the span of two weeks last summer) made all the difference in the world. I hope I am not being insensitive when I say this. And again I am just so terribly sorry for your loss.