Peed In Crate

Guest iclarkz

Guest iclarkz

Good grief. We've had quite the week with our newish (6 weeks) greyhound. So far in the past few days, we've had gash on leg, loose poop on rug, trip to the vet, put on antibiotics, and now, she peed in the crate today. She was only in there a couple of hours, but she is muzzled, and I am wondering if she was just bored/frustrated since she can't chew or anything. There is a tiny possibility that our other, smaller dog went in there and did it -- but I don't think so. I just happened to walk by and notice it was wet/stained.

The only other time she peed in the house was first thing in the morning when she came downstairs and couldn't hold it. I have let her out a ton - so wondering what gives.

Any words of wisdom? I am feeling depressed. The first month went so well!

Edited by iclarkz

Guest IrskasMom

Ingrid , does she has a UTI . Is that why she is on Antibiotic ?? Why is she in a Crate and muzzeled ?? You let her out to the Backyard or do you have to walk her ?

Don't worry. You're having an "OMG, what have I done?" moment. We've all had them. Just try to make sure there is nothing medically wrong with her, and keep your routine consistent. My guys have both gone through periods of behavioral regression. Try not to let your frustration show, have a sense of humor, and believe me- this will pass.

Guest Firedancer

Our girl, Dancer has peed in her crate several times and also in her dog bed. We haven't been able to determine why she sometimes does this. She also peed on the couch and our bed. I realized we gave her too much freedom too quickly. I think it's a marking issue. We had her checked for UTI and she was fine. I've heard a lot of people say its uncommon to pee in the crate, but it does happen. I have a friend who recently rescued a boxer and are having the same issue with the crate. Don't have much advice but wanted you to know you're not alone.