Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Keep us posted, poor guy. :(

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seeing this now and sending good thoughts for you boy and you. I cannot believe what he has been through. I truly hope they can determine a diagnosis today. I also agree with Amicar, it may help and Oregon State should have this or can get it quickly. Please keep us updated.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

We had a dog eat Decon and bleed like that. The vet treated her with mega doses of Vitamin K. She did recover. Anyway he could have gotten into some poison or been poisoned?

Edited by Tallgreydogmom

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Just checking in for an update. Will continue to think good thoughts!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Were at osu right now waiting to hear the plan for the day. He did well last night and there has not been any more bleeding. At this point we know he has had a chronic anemia and although his platelet and protein levels are all normal he is having issues clotting. The doctors are hoping it is a tick borne disease (even though he has already been tested for that) because the other options are still most likely von willebrands, autoimmune or cancer.

He had some black stool yesterday indicating GI bleeding, but today he is back to normal. Lets all hope for tick borne disease! At least that one is curable...

Thanks for the update. Tick borne diseases could be the cause and we will all hope that is what it is and they can help treat your sweet boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Your thread reminds me a lot of this one...

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/293006-pugsley-has-bruisingblood-pooling-on-her-abdomen-what-is-this/

There are four major causes for thrombocytopenia, and your vet is correct (usually autoimmune, TBD, cancer, or spleen issue).

Fingers crossed it's TBD... just wondering did anything come up on the spleen?

Guest Nekos_Mommy

No all his organs were normal, the only abnormalities were that his rbc was 10% and wbc was low as well.... all other values came in normal

No all his organs were normal, the only abnormalities were that his rbc was 10% and wbc was low as well.... all other values came in normal

That's really good news. I'm thinking TBD, or maybe autoimmune. Did the tick panel come back yet?

Guest Nekos_Mommy

He had a huge tick panel done back in december, theyre running another one right now and doing a cbc and an extra test to make sure his anemia is regenerative.. they dont want to do anything until those tests come back and we hear about von willebrands from the test we sent to cornell.

Maddie & I will be thinking of you and Neko. Paws and fingers are crossed for good news.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Thank you everyone for the warm wishes! He came home with us, theyre checking to make sure his levels are stable and if they are then he can stay at home so long as we keep him from bruising himself in any way. I feel so bad for the guy because today is his 5th birthday! Were going to spoil the little man like no other today.