Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RE: DR KELLOGG and OSU.

You can email her the first post and photo's so she picks it up on her email. I'm sure you would have her attention.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

I'm so sorry you and Neko are going through this. I night at the ER vets has got to be one of the worst experiences ever. Wish I had some answers, but there is a lot of knowledge here, and the advice for an OSU consult is good.

The poor, sweet boy! Please give him a gentle hug, and know that you are both in LOTS of prayers!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Sending prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

That looks horribly scary. I'm another who can't believe he's not in ICU.

Please contact Dr. Kellogg SOONEST!! She's a wonder at answering e-mails quickly.

Sending many prayers for your handsome young man.

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

:hope

Our last Dobe was very badly affected with Von Willebrand Disease and she never, ever had anything like that happen.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Neko has been on vitamin K injections/pills in case it was rodenticides (very unlikely). Still not sure what it is but he is stable at home today. The bleeding in his gums finally stopped about an hour ago (8 hours after his coagulation test) and I noticed 3 new spots with bleeding under the skin that have not grown in the past few hours. We're sticking it out until tomorrow morning when Oregon state's doors open. Thank you everyone for your support, it is scary to see so much blood and not know whats causing all this.. I have not found new bleeding within the last 3 hours which is good, and I'm trying to stay positive until we have a definitive diagnosis

Oh and I did contact Dr. Kellogg who told me he is lucky to be alive today due to his anemia yesterday and sent me through their referral program

I've only skimmed the responses but I agree with those who say your hound should be in professional care. Where are you located? Perhaps people will have suggestions of where to go tomorrow when most clinics will be open.

ETA - just saw you are in active touch with OSU. Thank goodness!

Edited by Rickiesmom

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Yeah the emergency veterinarians have referred me to Oregon State but they are not open until tomorrow. the veterinarians in the E-clinic felt very confident that as long as neko was under supervision and was not bouncing around that his transfusions last night that he would be fine for the day at home (so long as we watch for any large bleeding). As soon as Oregon state opens tomorrow we are bringing him in to their care where he will have further testing done to try and get a diagnosis.

Edited by Nekos_Mommy

Oh my gosh. I hope Neko is quickly diagnosed and treated and recovers quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Guest PiagetsMom

If this was one of my pups, I would be beside myself with worry. Sending prayers for Neko, that he'll do well throught the night, and I hope that you're able to get him in to see someone ASAP tomorrow morning. :grouphug

Guest Nekos_Mommy

I'm trying to maintain calm while there is nothing I can do... Tomorrow we have to face the real world again searching for the diagnosis. the words "autoimmune" and "cancer" are making it very hard to remain calm though!

Heres a few images of bruising/hemmorhaging/swelling that have occured since this morning (although once again, there has been nothing new in the last 3 hours and these have not grown

Here is the poor baby trying to catch up on some sleep after his long night

531555_10152638710735261_1811196799_n.jp

This is of groin,

sam0676r.jpg

This is his elbow

sam0679l.jpg

This is his hindleg, generally you can see every bone and vein easily (you're all familiar with how thin grey's legs are !) and this is severly swollen (they pulled blood from here yesterday and the hemmorrhage caused massive swelling)

sam0673j.jpg

Edited by Nekos_Mommy

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Corvallis, Oregon, I am a student at Oregon state university and I work in Oregon state university's college of vet med in small animal surgery

Guest Scouts_mom

Poor Neko--I've never seen anything about this. I'm glad you are so close to Oregon State. While they aren't as well known as Ohio State, they do have a good program and know greyhounds. I hope you get answers tomorrow and Neko feels better soon.

Corvallis, Oregon, I am a student at Oregon state university and I work in Oregon state university's college of vet med in small animal surgery

Hopefully they will be able to admit Neko tomorrow, and give him supportive care while working toward a definitive diagnosis. We are hoping and praying for your boy.