Joseph Aka Won By A Nose, 9.22.2003-3.1.2013

Batmom

Joseph had chronic kidney disease. For a long time, it seemed stable and well managed. That changed last week. His kidneys failed. There was nothing we could do to fix them again.

I can’t explain Joseph. He was neither spooky nor fearless, neither confident nor shy. Cagey, perhaps. And innocent, guileless, above all.

He came here through the help of several kind people on this board, when our family desperately needed a smile. He brought so many.

He asked for almost nothing, ever. He loved ear rubs and neck rubs and armpit rubs and never asked for them. He loved napping with his grammy after lunch, playing fetch with special toy, reading the mail, stealing pillows. He loved sunbaths and dinner, teasing his housemate Gidget, seeing his beloved Aunt Cully.

He had the softest ears and a funny curvy nose that fit just so in the palm of my hand.

I loved him with my whole heart. My good egg, always.

j033c.jpg

Godspeed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm so sorry you've lost your precious boy.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I am so very sorry. Rest well, handsome.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Oh, Jey, it feels like some sunlight just left the world.Joseph made so many of us smile. He kind of epitomized the happiness that could grow and spread when the right dog found exactly the right owner.

Thank-you for sharing him with us. We're sharing your sadness.

I'm so sorry you lost your good, good boy. I will never hear the words "a good egg" without thinking of sweet Joseph.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oh Jey, I'm so shocked to read this! I'm so sorry that he had to go. He has always been one of my favorites - Love Love Love LOVE that sweet nose! :beatheart

Hugs to you and Grammy, and Gidget :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Jey, I had no idea he had kidney problems :( :( :(

we are SOOOOO sorry he had to leave you, and much too early. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

sending many, many hugs to all of you :cry1 :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Jey & Pat I have now words. I'm so blessed that I got to be part of his life. He was my travel buddy. :blush The best way I can describe Joseph to anyone one was that he reminded me of an innocent child. He just had that way about him.

I'm so glad that I got to go see him last Saturday.

Thank you Jey & Pat for letting me sharing some of your precious time with Joseph.

First family picture

100_2805_0001_1.jpg

A last family picture.

029-18_zps3bfb5cb7.jpg

003-78_zps69a2302c.jpg

Joseph go find Batman, Zema, Havok & Gracie. :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I miss you already my little boy.

Edited by Cully

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I'm so sorry. His pics have always made me smile.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

I'm so very sorry. Your precious handsome boy had to leave much too soon.

Godspeed Joseph.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh Jey, again I'm so sorry. Joseph was so special. I knew that the day I met him. I have always loved his racing name and don't think I'll ever forget it or him. A huge hug from Mike and I.

Godspeed Joseph, you are so very much loved beautiful boy.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so very sorry for you and grammy Jey.

Another beautifully sweet one you loved with all your heart is gone.

You took the time to answer my post today, even though your heart was

breaking.

Greytalk surely has a devoted angel in you....

Rest well beautiful boy, knowing that you will be loved forever.

Cristar (formerly Cristaron)

{{{Jey & Grammy }}} I am so very sorry. What a grand boy. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sad....Joseph was the very one that introduced me to the beauty of roman noses. I am so, so very sorry. He was a special boy and I will miss him right along with you. Rest well, handsome Joseph. You, Batman and my Kevin are destined to be the most handsome roman-nosed "Bridge Boys".

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Joseph brought smiles to many of us here. He will be missed, but not forgotten.

Run free handsome Joseph. :f_white

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so sad and sorry to read about Joseph's passing. He will be missed here on GT. He was a very special boy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest PiagetsMom

Oh, Jey.......it will be hard to imagine you without your handsome roman nosed boy :cry1 Joseph was a lucky pup to have found his way to you, and you loved him well. I'm so very sorry - hugs to you and Grammy :grouphug

Oh no! I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

:gh_run2

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry it was time for him to leave. :( He was a cherished boy. :heart. Godspeed sweetie...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.