Morning Down Times

Jeff

I was automatically resetting the web server (part of the entire server) at 2 specific times that I had identified that would capture the majority of the morning hang time.

It looks like a few slipped through and I reset it manually this morning when I checked in.

I just put in a script that checks the web server every 3 minutes and if it sees a delay of greater than 10 seconds, should restart the web server.

I can't test a hang, just a complete outage, so we'll see over the next few mornings.

Also, I am planning a forum update this weekend, should only take an hour and not sure if I'll do it Sat or Sun. I have a killer cold, so we'll see how I feel.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest IrskasMom

Well Jeff , take care of your Cold more Importantly . We will survive a 1 Hour Forum Update. But I did notice some times in the Mornings , I can't get on . It last only minutes .

Edited by IrskasMom

Yup, no clue what is causing it. We changed physical servers, doubled the RAM, and no luck.

Hopefully what I did today, will cut the downtime some. There have been days when it required a manual restart, others it clears itself after a few minutes.

No load issues, the web server just stalls. Odd...

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I often have trouble accessing the forum in the late mornings UK time, virtually every day really.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it has improved. :nod

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.