Jabari Is Sick- He's Gone

Feel better soon, Jabari. We're all pulling for you. :wub:

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes for your little man. Hope the abx kick whatever is bothering him. :clover:getwell

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

He had a good night :) We've been up since 4am, but we all fell asleep early. I got some good cuddles and kisses this morning :heart

He also finally pooped this morning after 2.5 days, so that is a relief. And he was waiting in the kitchen with his brothers for breakfast :wub: I hate that I have to bring him back to the vet now, but it's for his own good. Hoping for some answers today...

Thanks again everyone!!! :grouphug

Geez Lucy, when it rains it pours. Hoping he continues to improve today and you can get some answers. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

He's home!! I unexpectedly got the afternoon off so I was able to pick him up early. Yay! :yay He seems to be doing better but he has thrombocytopenia - NO platelets in his blood. The vet has no idea why & was consulting with some other vets if somehow his seizure could be related or what, but none of them could come up with anything.

I am taking him back on Sat for another blood test, assuming he's ok at home until then. If his platelets are still low, she recommends xrays to look for cancer :cry1 Not sure if I will do that, as I can't imagine a situation where I'd feel it was appropriate to do anything invasive, but I guess I will just try to take one day at a time for now. There is still a chance it could have been a weird infection, and he will just get better.

Thanks again everyone so much for caring about my little guy! :heart

He seems to be doing better but he has thrombocytopenia - NO platelets in his blood.

I believe this is what Paisley had... She had multiple transfusions, but didn't make it. But under normal circumstances, I believe the disorder can be somewhat managed with meds. I hope so! Glad to hear he's feeling better.

Lucy, he needs to get on Doxycycline right away. Daisy had thrombocytopenia 5 years ago and it saved her life. She had to be on Doxy for a long time, but recovered fully. I think you mentioned he was on abx, but I can't remember what it is. I hope Tracy or Jennifer (great vets on this forum) will chime in...

Hope you found out some good news today Lucy. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Popping in to check for an update...

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Thanks so much everyone. It's been a bit of a rollercoaster (and I've been a bit of a mess) the last few days, but I think I can safely say now that he's doing better. He is eating, much steadier on his feet, and some of his attitude is back :) I will find out tomorrow if his platelets have improved :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck:hope :hope :hope

Me & my bebe boy yesterday. This has really reminded me that we must cherish every day we have together. You can never get time back once it's gone...

22dde577-ba82-49fe-9224-e827ca261056_zps

Lucy, he needs to get on Doxycycline right away. Daisy had thrombocytopenia 5 years ago and it saved her life. She had to be on Doxy for a long time, but recovered fully. I think you mentioned he was on abx, but I can't remember what it is. I hope Tracy or Jennifer (great vets on this forum) will chime in...

Did Daisy have ehrlichia or another tbd?

Really hoping your little guy is better. That is a beautiful picture of you two.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Dr. Couto never figured out which TBD she had. We sent blood samples to every University that does an in depth testing for TBD. All Dr. Couto said is put her on Doxy regardless of which one she had. It brought her platelets up within 24 hrs. She was so sick she was bleeding through her skin. (Vasculitis) He confirmed that through a biopsy. Well, she's going to be 12 next month and is going strong!! What antibiotic did they put your sweet boy on??

So happy Jabari is acting better! Keep it up little guy, you're worrying your Mum too much!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Dr. Couto never figured out which TBD she had. We sent blood samples to every University that does an in depth testing for TBD. All Dr. Couto said is put her on Doxy regardless of which one she had. It brought her platelets up within 24 hrs. She was so sick she was bleeding through her skin. (Vasculitis) He confirmed that through a biopsy. Well, she's going to be 12 next month and is going strong!! What antibiotic did they put your sweet boy on??

ambicillin, flagyl & baytril. thanks for the info about Daisy. I'm so glad she is ok! I will def ask about putting him on doxy if his platelets have not improved.

He didn't want to come eat this morning :( But he did once I carried him to his bowl. I have such a feeling of impending doom, hopefully I'm overreacting. I couldn't stop crying last night & kept getting up to check on him (he sleeps in his crate now by choice). He seems so old & frail now, it's breaking my heart into a million pieces. :weep Hopefully the vet will have good news today & I will be able to breathe again...

Thanks so much for all your posts :grouphug