Jabari Is Sick- He's Gone

A few weeks ago he had a seizure, but has been doing pretty well since then. But yesterday in the morning he wasn't his usual self, nothing dramatic, but i could tell something was off. By the time I got home from work he was clearly sick. He had trouble walking when I took him out to pee, and was shaking and hunched over with his tail tucked. He did eat dinner, but I had to carry him to his bowl when he's usually inches away waiting for me to put it down. After dinner, he seemed really lethargic so I took his temp. It was 104 so I called the closest ER vet and they said to bring him in. On the way to the vet I got really scared b/c he was hardly moving and his nose felt ice cold while his body was burning up. But once we got inside the vet he perked up a bit. All his vitals were good and he just had bloodwork after the seizure that all came back normal. So he got some IV fluids and Rimadyl and she sent us home. He slept through the night but is still lethargic this morning, and did not want breakfast. His temp is 103.3. I'm going to call my reg vet and see if she thinks I should bring him in.

Any good thoughts for my little man are welcome. I am SO scared. He turns 14 in 2 months. Thankfully i have some wonderful friends who kept me from completely going off the deep end last night. But being a single dog mom is not fun in times of crisis.

My baby boy :heart

06f3d942-9df5-4dd8-950e-f11059dd4e39_zps

Edited by RileysLegacy

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope he feels better soon and it's nothing major.

Jodie D (hope to have another grey name her soon)
Missing my Bridge Babies:
Rusty (Cut a Rusty) 10/18/95-06/09/09
Solo (Tali Solo Nino) 01/10/98-03/25/10
Franny (Frohmader) 02/28/04-08/31/17

Many well wishes for sweet Jabari...

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Oh Jabari, hope you feel better soon little man!

Lucy, I hope that this is just a passing thing and that he'll be on the mend soon. I'll be thinking of you both.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

He has the world's sweetest face. Seriously. :beatheart TONS of good thoughts for your little guy.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Sending prayers for your little guy and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good thought Jabari and you Lucy. Having sick pups is very stressful and I really your pack. I hope your little guy just has an infection.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

thinking good thoughts for Jabari

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Sending more good thoughts your way and hoping it's nothing serious.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound