Question About Stenosis

Missy (13 1/2) has been treated for stenosis for quite a few years. she receives acupuncture, tramadol, gabapentin and meloxicam as well as supplements. She does fairly well with flare-ups occasionally. I am thinking she would benefit from another depo shot in place of the meloxicam as she has been more unsteady lately.Aanyway...my question: this morning when I went to her bed..she was soundly sleeping with her butt of the bed..and there was one poop on the floor! Almost like she passed it and did not know. I am wondering if this is another LS symptom. Any experiences with this..or is she just getting older?

Yes, it is, and once that's begun, there is likely no stopping it according to my vet, so you might want to put down some pads where she sleeps. Luckily poo is usually easier to clean up than urine!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest MnMDogs

This happened with Mork a couple months ago. He seemed to have a couple BMs without noticing (they were formed and near where he sleeps). Hasn't happened since, and we haven't changed anything ... Except maybe starting meloxicam, I can't remember the timing. it's been all sorts of trial and error with this doggy.

Hopefully these incidents will be few and far between.

Edited by MnMDogs

I can't comment on the poo issue, as we haven't had that yet ...crossed fingers and knocking on wood here. We tried the depo shot 2 weeks ago and saw absolutely no change. Our 13.7 year old is on a course of tramadol, valium, and prednisone for the next 2 weeks. Sucks getting old :(

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey

No surprises this morning. I did walk her last night so I was sure she went...she is not thrilled with going in the yard at night. Depo shot helped her last time ..but just taking her to the vet is a production as she has so much trouble getting in and out of the car..will see how she does.

I agree...sucks to get old..I have two senior dogs: Missy and my IG Flex who is still recovering from vestibular disorder.