Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacks_Human

Jack Is 5!

Guest Jacks_Human

Jack (Mellison Impact) is 5 today!

P200113_2041_zps3aa44680.jpg

This is apparently how he feels about it :P

I got him right before his 4th birthday, and he was a mess (he was born and raced in Ireland, where greyhounds are exempt from animal welfare laws). He'd been sold to some sketchy person in Scotland to do some sketchy non-racing activities, and then was handed off to the rescue all skinny and hairless. The greyhound rescue folks were lovely with him, but I was just cordial and cooperative with them. Then he saw me, and decided I was going to be his person-- he just mashed himself into my legs, and I couldn't say no.

For the first couple months, he was phobic about everything that wasn't me or my flat. It took a LOT of work (I actually showed him things on the TV, particularly Dr. House, since that addressed his biggest fear, which was loud men with sticks/brooms/shovels). We're still working on his last fear (men carrying umbrellas) but other than that we've come a long way, and I can confidently say he's a very happy hound.

P080113_0053_zps7904f4e1.jpg

Happy Birthday Jack! I'm glad you found yourself such a nice new home for your retirement. See if you can wangle yourself some extra treats today to mark the occasion, maybe a special dinner too? (Doc recommends green tripe, if your human can stand the smell!)

Clare with Ken (Boomtown Ken, born 01/05/2011), and remembering Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Happy B-day Jack!!! :b-day

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest IrskasMom

What a happy Ending Story . HAPPY BIRTHDAY .... big Fella :balloonparty:balloonparty:balloonparty :balloonparty :balloonparty many more

Edited by IrskasMom

Happy Birthday Jack....beautiful teeth btw :)

Jan with precious pups Katie Crazykatiebug, Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; and Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Happy 5th Birthday, Handsome Jack!!

:confetti:balloonparty

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Happy Birthday Jack!

Judy, mom to Do Bee, Bandita, Angel and Gizmo

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey

Enjoy yerse'l Jack, will ye no get sum haggis for yur Birfday?

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Guest Jacks_Human
Happy Birthday Jack! I'm glad you found yourself such a nice new home for your retirement. See if you can wangle yourself some extra treats today to mark the occasion, maybe a special dinner too? (Doc recommends green tripe, if your human can stand the smell!)

Jack had tripe and pilchards cooked in tomato sauce-- his favourite!

Happy birthday from Paul and Fuzzy in lower Delaware.

Irene Ullmann w/Shine and Odin in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul and Fuzzy
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest kaiandsam

Happee Birfday Jack frum yr frend Gracie May. Will you get somethink special for dinner tonite? :balloonparty

Happy birthday Jack! Sounds like you have hit the jackpot. Wishing you many many many more!

Kendra, devoted walker of Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb).
Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/7/04 - 2/20/14, who opened our hearts to greyhounds,
    and Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/16/03 - 10/29/14, who really knew what a good dog she was.

2mmh25j.jpg2qwewxv.jpg2cok3td.jpg