Sign in to follow this  
Guest greytkidsmom

Kebo's Big Month...

Guest greytkidsmom

If you spend much time in H&M, you might know my Kebo. This month is a big month for our sweet boy.

February 4 is his 7th gotcha day - hip hip hooray!

He has moved with us three times, been through two cancers (fibrosarcoma and hemangioperiocytoma), and has added one brother (Lucas) since then.

February 5 he gets bloodwork and chest x-rays in preparation for his upcoming dental. Prayers for good values and no mets please.

February 11 is his 11th birthday! Yes, there will be cake :)

February 20 he has a trip to the veterinary dentist to have his lower canines removed. We will miss his "tusks" but they hurt and he isn't eating well so it is time for them to go. I'm worried about anesthesia this time because the last time he had anesthesia he had some bradycardia (slow heart beat) which he hasn't had before. It is an experienced dentist who is familiar with greyhounds but I worry just the same. So many of you have kept him in your prayers before that I hate to ask again but if you can spare a good word or some white light it would be gratefully appreciated.

p305236590-3.jpg

Happy Gotcha Day, Kebo! And Happy Birthday, too! Good luck with your dental and ask your Mom to post more pics of you, we'd love to see more!

Edited by OwnedBySummer

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

Kebo is a brave soul and a true warrior! I hope he does well with his dental, we will all be thinking of him and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Happy Birthday, Happy Gotcha Day, & good thoughts for your upcoming dental!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Happy gotcha day and sending lots of warm thoughts for your upcoming dental. poor guy has been through so much so lets hope this is uneventful and you heal up quickly. :kiss2

Jan with precious pups Katie Crazykatiebug, Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; and Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Fingers crossed for perfect films and an easy dental!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Happy Gotcha Day Kebo!!!!! What a month of extremes you have coming up. I hope you thoroughly enjoy the good stuff & sail through the rough patches. :kiss2

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Happy Gotcha Day......Happy Birthday.......and smooth sailing through that dental!!

We'll be thinking of you Kebo!!!!!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

Guest greytkidsmom

Update:

Gotcha celebration - check! Parfaits of yogurt and pumpkin for everyone :)

Chest x-rays - check! Beautiful, perfect, and CLEAN :)

Bloodwork - check! All values except platelets in normal range. Platelets were a little clumped and adjusted count was normal :)

Urine - mostly check! Small amount of protein - following up with a microalbumin :)

Now for birthday next week and dental the week after. Kebo is resting up.

p488017988-3.jpg

Yes!! Good update! :)

2vs2tdx.jpg

Alicia, Sterling, & the boys: Truman (AKC Mystery of Andarab), Wolfgang (Blue Alec), and the world's smallest greyhounds, Boogie & the Meez.

Forever missing my one-in-a-million tripawd, Henry (Rico's Dexter) | 12/20/2007 - 10/4/2015. My good boy, until we meet again.

For unique greyhound merch, visit my shops at: www.wetherbymartingaleco.etsy.com & http://www.wetherbysapparel.etsy.com

Happy Gotchya and Birfday!!!

and prayers coming for his upcoming medical issues!

Kim, Bruce, Larry (PTL LaRoach) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It) - missing my sweet Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011) and Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Chester (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

p488017988-3.jpg

Is that... a little warthog toofer I spy :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

Guest greytkidsmom
Is that... a little warthog toofer I spy :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Yes that is...unfortunately that is one of the teeth that we will be saying goodbye to :( We will miss them very much but it is hard to see him hurting so much from them. He is usually so good about having his teeth brushed and right now he doesn't want me to come even remotely close to his mouth.