Sebau ~1994-2013 And Sully 2000-2012

lothianjavert

I am not good with words and no words can express what Sebau and Sully meant to us. We lost Sully unexpectedly before Christmas. He lost the use of his back legs and we could not keep his pain under control. He was only 12 and a half. Sully came to us a year after we got married and had purchased our first house. We were looking for a companion for Sebau, who never did well alone. I had been interested in greyhounds and Steve agreed that we should look. We were matched with a couple easy going but energetic boys (Sebau was a high energy girl) that would be a good fit. We met a couple but just fell for Sully. His first day home he found the toys and was playing and chomping on them. He met every day with joy and loved everyone he met. He was the ultimate snuggle hound and if I wasn't snuggled with him on his bed for evening TV he would find me and chirp until he got his snuggle time. He was a total ham and always kept us laughing at his antics. He was also the ultimate Diva and loved getting dressed up and going places. Sully's loss has hit us hard- the house is empty. It is quiet. I don't have a wet cold nose getting plunked on top of my keyboard or under my shirt to get my attention, I don't hear the happy chatter when leashes come out... or the happy chatter for meals, or the demanding stomp if I dared be late with a meal. Sebau also felt his loss and stopped eating after he passed. We got her eating again with treats and canned food, but she started to decline and take less and less interest in people or what was going on. Shortly after the new year she began having seizures and we went to the evet. Even with pheno, she continued to have seizures, more and more severe. She passed a little over a month after Sully. Sebau came to me shortly after I had started college. I was still in my teens and living with my parents, who weren't thrilled about now having a young pup at home. She quickly won them over. She was a ball of energy and for years we lived by the mantra "a good dog is a tired dog..." She was famous for her love of eating all things... including many inedible ones. She had a particular fondness for underwear, dirty socks and toilet paper. Other than vet visits or her people not being home, nothing phased her. She helped Sully settle in quickly and helped show the groundrules to Diesel and the other fosters. She never cared for people or dogs outside of her family, but once you were a part of her family she was completely devoted. It is hard to believe that she is gone, that they both are gone.

All of my babies are at the bridge now. My house is quiet. Too quiet. You never realize how much of your life, even the little things, revolve around them until they aren't there. :(

Diesel 2000-2010, Sully 2000-2012 and Sebau ~1994-2013.

Sully making noise to get attention:

sullyroo.jpg

Roaching

sullyroach.jpg

Coming to check on me while I work in the garden
sullyingargenmay2010.jpg

Being my handsome old man

sullyjuly2011.jpg

Enjoying an unusually warm day earlier this fall

sullyingarden2012.jpg

Sebau and Sully snuggling (some variation of this happened every evening)
sebauandsullysharingbed.jpg

Sebau bossing Sully out of the toy crock

sebaubossingsully.jpg

Sebau hated having her picture taken so this was usually what I got before she would get up, give me serious stinkeye, and leave.

snoozysebau.jpg

Old girl on the porch this fall

sebauondeck2012.jpg

All three are now together again at the bridge. I hope they are having fun running around like they used to. A fresh snowfall was always a reason to get all three outside playing and dashing about in glee.

allthreeinbigsnow2010.jpg

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. It's hard losing one but to lose two so close together can be unbearable. My heart goes out to you. Godspeed babies.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry for your losses, and for the too-quietness of things.

Godspeed, Sully and Sebau.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh I am so sorry for your losses....Beautiful tribute....:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest OPointyDog

I'm so sorry - what a terrible shock to lose them both so close together. I hope you can remember the good times and know you gave them a great home. :grouphug

Wow, Rachael, I am so sorry for your losses. I remember Sebau was my secret Santa dog one year and that one of the boys - I think it was Diesel - was not at all embarrassed that he loved the big, pink stuffed ball I sent for her. It's tough to experience so much loss so close together. I hope picturing them all young and healthy and together again is a comfort to you.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

How unbearable it must be to lose both of your remaining puppers so close together. I am so very sorry.

Godspeed Sully.

Godspeed Sebau.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. They were both very special dogs, indeed. :)

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I'm so sorry for your losses. Having two leave so close is especially hard.

Run free Sebau and Sully

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

To lose one is too many. Two together is unspeakable. I know your pain, and I am so, very sorry for your losses and how sad you are right now. Such incredible friends who shared your life. My heart goes out to you. :grouphug

Godspeed sweeties. f_yellow f_yellow

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Rachael, I am truly sorry for the loss of both your pups, especially so close together. Your words ring too true: "You never realize how much of your life, even the little things, revolve around them until they aren't there.". When they leave a huge gaping hole is left behind and it's heartbreaking to have a pup-less house. Both yours were beauties.

Run free Sully & Sebau, run free sweeties... :gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:grouphug Really enjoyed the pictures. What happy beautiful dogs. Loved the one where they were playing in the snow. :f_white Hang in there and give greyhound love a chance to work-love is stronger than death.

"For love is as strong as death....
Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.
If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."
-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

This message from the other side also helped me and maybe you can find some comfort in it too:

"The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

Edited by racindog