Update On Lola's Weight Loss

Guest crazy4greys

Guest crazy4greys

Lola has been eating and I also added Ensure at dinner. I do not see any improvement so I will be calling the vet tomorrow morning to make an appointment. She still looks so sad. You can see it in her eyes :(

Guest crazy4greys

Lola went to the vet yesterday. She has gained 4lbs, so she is now 44#s, her weight is normally 55#s. The vet wanted to do blood work to make sure her kidneys are functioning properly since she lost so much weight so fast. The results will be back Friday. If the blood work is normal, then we may look into drugs to help her mood.

I am also having meeting a friend with greys to go for a walk or play to see if that helps.

Glad she has gained a little, anyways. Hope you can get to the bottom of things - can imagine how worried you must be.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Sending good thoughts for Lola.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

sending hugs!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest crazy4greys

Lola's results came back. She has a high TLI which is most likely due to malnutrition from not eating as everything else came back normal. The vet put her on Prednisone for now to see if that works before going to the next option of a Prozac type drug. She actually tried to get Winnie to play the other day, so I am hoping she is coming out of it.

Glad nothing worse was found and hope the prednisone works. Beware -- even at a low, appetite-stimulating dose of prednisone, you're likely to see increased drinking and urination for 5-10 days (after that they usually acclimate, at low doses). So she might not be able to make it the whole night without going out for a pee, and she might have to go out every 2-3 hours during the day for the first couple days. (Apologies if you've already done the prednisone thing and know all this.)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest crazy4greys

Thanks for the reminder. That is the one thing I am afraid of as a lot of time she pees in the middle of the night already without even trying to wake us up and it doesn't help to crate her, she'll pee in there too.