Truman Ate Candle Wax... E-Vet?

Came home to find that all the wax in our tart burner was empty. My best guess is that Truman got on the counter top and licked up the wax. He doesn't appear to be sick (yet). I tried to read all the labels and looked around on the Yankee site, but I didn't really find any information. I imagine they don't bank on customers ingesting their candles. Should I go to the e-vet or wait it out? It wasn't a whole lot of wax, just the small disks that you get for tart burners.

Parafin wax should go right through him. That's not a large amount. You could call and ask them. I looked on line and everything I read said small amounts weren't dangerous to dogs.

Edited by JillysFullHouse

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest DeniseL

Miami ate about half the wax out of a very smelly decorative candle. I came home and I could smell it on his breath. It was cinnamon, clove, holiday smell. I was more worried about the aromatic ingredients then the actual wax. I waited it out and he was fine....hope your baby is ok...

I looked in and around his mouth and couldn't find any remaining evidence. But I know his track record, and I'm sure he was the culprit. I called the e-vet and they said it was fine. The only thing that might be worrisome with candles are the wicks.

House ate the better part of four Yankee Candle cedar and pine votives last Christmas (snatched the bag off the counter overnight); called evet in the morning when I saw what had happened and no harm, no foul. He did have some green-flecked poop for a day or two but other than that, no issues.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)