Sign in to follow this  
seeh2o

Seeking Picture Or Link To Faux/fake Fur Greyhound Coat!

Last year or the year before someone posted a picture of their grey (maybe even two of them) with full body length (ears to base of tail) faux fur coats. I was telling a friend about them yesterday and cannot for the life of me find the pictures here (I did the Google site search). If anyone has a picture(s) or a link to them, please post them. They were really gorgeous!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

LOL, no, but thanks! That is exactly who I was talking to about them and wanted her to see them!

I think the maker was Duds4Buds, who went out of business or retired last year.

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

I couldn't get any pictures to come up in the photo gallery. Did you have any luck with that? If so, I'm doing something wrong.

I couldn't get any pictures to come up in the photo gallery. Did you have any luck with that? If so, I'm doing something wrong.

No I didn't have any luck with the gallery but in the upper right hand corner there are pictures scrolling by. I could see the fur coats there.

Guest PhillyPups

I know LadyLu won a FINK (faux mink) coat with a bling collar recently in the Baby Its Cold Outside auction. I do not know if it will be too "black" fo rher to show off, or if it is too girly for my little white boy, Gizmo. Maybe Donna (Chilidogs) has a picture of it. It also comes with a bling snood collar. :P

Oh my! I see a fur trimmed coat in Gigi's future! Thank you for posting this :) these are too cute!

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

Guest Vers

They were really gorgeous!

I was a little afraid to open this post even though I'm not sure it was my photos you're remembering, but it's possible that they were thought very silly. The fur coats actually came out for the first time this winter last night, since it went down to around 10 below 0 F. These coats are the warmest my hounds own, and are worn over fleece jackets in the coldest weather. Not sure if these are the right photos, but here are my hounds in silly gorgeous fur coats. :)

PICT0593-2.jpg

PICT0576.jpg

PICT0567-1.jpg

PICT0565-1.jpg

PICT0586-1.jpg

We had the "Fink" (faux mink") coat in our "Baby It's Cold Outside Auction:

FinkSykora_zps07b087c8.jpg

plus the "Dr. Zhivago" coat:

DrZhivago03_zps47b85b06.jpg

Which all started the craze due to Buffy's "fur" coat from dudzfor buds:

2012newcoat3_zps77e0bc13.jpg

(no longer available)

IF you are interested in either the "Fink" or the Dr Zhivago PM me and I will see if we have any material left.....

Yes, Vers, those are the ones I was talking about, thank you so much for posting them!!! They are over the top and I love them for that!!! Sadly, it's just not cold enough here in Los Angeles to warrant those great coats! I love the Fink coat, too! I'm sending a link of this thread to my friend right now.

If anyone else has any of these to post, please do, I just can't get enough of them!

I'm going to add a couple from my friend's website, Wild Things for Greys! She's great!

Pic1.jpg

Pic4.jpg

Pic5.jpg

Guest Vers

Your friend's coats are stunning -- love the line she uses for the fur accent. Donna, your coats are very beautiful too.

So glad I stumbled onto this thread tonight. It gives inspiration, and I have ideas for one more pair of coats that I want to make for my hounds for the coldest weather from silver husky "fur". I'll post pics when they happen (could be a while since work is bonkers right now). But at least now I know someone wants to see my hounds dressed "funny"! You made my day :)

I have to add another picture of a coat from Duds4Buds. Linda donated this to GAC's holiday party a few years back and we took 2 pictures of Phaelin modeling it....he was not pleased. :lol It was very "feathery" and they kept getting in his eyes. It was also really hard to get a good photo of it because the feathers made it look blurry.

2006_1120Image0003.jpg

2006_1120Image0007.jpg

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest PhillyPups

I am thinking this will be stunning on AnnaBanana, moreso than LadyLu (who would wear a Dr. Zhaviago coat quite well) or Gizmo. Can't wait to see it on her. May have to get LadyLu a Dr. Zhaviago and Deon another Fink. hmmmmmmmmmmm this could start something here. :lol

We have a few of sets of fuzzy coats - they love them :) I'm getting inspired again now that I see some of these really fabulous ones on here!

Leopard%2520girls%2520004.JPGF2724893.JPGWhite%2520coats%25200061.jpg

And I always take every opportunity to post this one :gh_bow

doggie%2520hip%2520waders%2520002.JPG

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

OMG!! I love the pink coat and the purple coat. swoon!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Some fab coats, I think I remember photo's of a white dog that had a white furry coat on that looked so cute.

We have a few of sets of fuzzy coats - they love them :) I'm getting inspired again now that I see some of these really fabulous ones on here!

And I always take every opportunity to post this one :gh_bow

doggie%2520hip%2520waders%2520002.JPG

Stunning hound!

I love those doggy boots, could of done with 3 sets recently to save my house from all the mud after so much rain lately.

Some fab coats, I think I remember photo's of a white dog that had a white furry coat on that looked so cute.

Yes! That was one of the ones I was thinking of when I began this thread!

plus the "Dr. Zhivago" coat:

DrZhivago03_zps47b85b06.jpg

Which all started the craze due to Buffy's "fur" coat from dudzfor buds:

2012newcoat3_zps77e0bc13.jpg

(no longer available)

IF you are interested in either the "Fink" or the Dr Zhivago PM me and I will see if we have any material left.

Anna is getting the Dr. Zhivago, I can't wait until it gets here. That Fink coat is GORGEOUS!

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

I love the purple leopard one, it would definitely suit Carrie (purple is her color)!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

You will have to send pictures, please :)

You bet!

Taunya and her Supreme Grace, Anna - Sharsanna (Kiowa Sweet Trey x Camden Coming), Surge (no races), Kelsos Yorktown (Trent Lee x Kelsos Spotswood), Galgo Espanol - Valentin. Forever waitin' on Red (Kiowa Mon Manny x Bella Ionic).

Guest june

I LOVE these coats. I'm really tempted to try making one. Just how hard are the fake furs to sew?