Diarrhea Due To Stress?

Guest rennina

Guest rennina

DH just called and said Misty's having diarrhea. Pooped three times today, the last time it was liquid. He doesn't think she ate anything she shouldn't eat, so could it caused by stress? I left home this morning for an international trip. Yesterday DH started to feed and walk her while I was packing, and she seemed a little confused.

Can dogs have diarrhea from stress only? I told DH to give her cooked rice and watch her water intake, but is there anything else we should do?

Thanks.

Yes, dogs can get diarrhea just from stress. How is she doing otherwise? Is she eating and drinking ok? Acting normal? If everything else seems fine, it'd be ok to wait see if it clears up over the next couple days. Giving her a probiotic or even just a tablespoon of yogurt with each meal might help. If she's showing any other signs, like a decreased appetite, lethargy, vomiting, etc, it would be best to take her to the vet.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Yes...stress can do it....and all the advice above from Jennifer is right on. I went away over night earlier this month, and DH was home with him. He (who has tummy troubles to begin with) had a decrease in appetite and vomited a bit....

How long are you gone for? Hopefully a good pro-biotic will stabilize her...and yes, water intake is critical.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest rennina

I will be gone for over 3 weeks. Yikes :(

She sleeps a lot today as I see in the web camera. I just called my husband, he said she played with her toys for a while this afternoon and then went to sleep. He thinks she is fine. I'm super nervous now:(

I'll tell DH to feed hamburger rice with a spoon of yogurt, although she gets one spoon every morning. Will Pepto bismol help, too?

I watch mine on a webcam, too! LOL!!! As long as he gives her extra lovings, I am sure that she will be OK.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest Scouts_mom

My girl, Mindy, would always get mild diarhea and horrible gas whenever we visited the folks---I learned to pack imodium and yogurt for her. It would always clear up after a couple days and a lot of exercise.

She'll be fine. It'll pass in a couple of days. It almost certainly will NOT last the whole time you're gone. As long as she drinks regularly, she'll be fine. She may not eat well for a few days and that's ok too. Definatley add rice, and a bit of yogurt or pumkin if that's helped before.

Now calm down and quit stalking the webcam or YOU'RE going to need the Immodium!!!! I promise - it'll be OK.

Edited by sobesmom