Forum Update - Check Here First

Jeff

I installed another update this evening. Hopefully it will correct some of the anomalies some of you are experiencing.

Either way, to avoid problems, you should all clear your local computer cache of saved files from Greytalk to ensure you have the newest and compatible files.

First. Clear your cache by following the directions for your specific browser here http://tinyurl.com/56xpm2

(Do this for each browser you use)

Second, close that browser and reopen it.

Third, enjoy.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

I can post, but it will no longer accept the photobucket IMG code to post pictures. At least my pictures, lol. Suggestions? Thanks.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

It says an error occurred You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

then you are probably copying the wrong code. If you use the image button where the new box opens, make sure you copy the 'direct link' and not the one with the [ img ] tags. Nothing new there. The image link should end in .jpg

I installed another update this evening. Hopefully it will correct some of the anomalies some of you are experiencing.

Either way, to avoid problems, you should all clear your local computer cache of saved files from Greytalk to ensure you have the newest and compatible files.

First. Clear your cache by following the directions for your specific browser here http://tinyurl.com/56xpm2

(Do this for each browser you use)

Second, close that browser and reopen it.

Third, enjoy.

Seems to have solved my issues with the toolbar and quoting functions. Thanks!

Guest kkaiser104
then you are probably copying the wrong code. If you use the image button where the new box opens, make sure you copy the 'direct link' and not the one with the [ img ] tags. Nothing new there. The image link should end in .jpg

Mine aren't working either. And I'm doing it exactly how I've done it previously...I tried using the bbc code thing and the box with the direct link.

My issue is weird. I can post now, although while I type my text is displayed in Courier font still. I don't care about that so much, but the worst problem is that all of the editing tools are greyed out so I can't use them. I'm using Firefox, the latest version, on a Mac. Ideas?

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

My quotes are not appearing correctly when quoting from my iPhone using safari. I cleared history and cookies last night. What else might I need to do?

919CF139-7A1D-4026-AAEF-DB8DCD7EE055-903

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Jeff" data-cid="5397012" data-time="1355372276"><p>

I can't duplicate it, it works both ways for me.</p></blockquote>

Using this for an example.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Jeff, I can't post pictures either. Here at work, I have to use IE7 and when I press the image icon the screen goes gray and I'm stuck.

Here is the image I am trying to link:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8347/8270280812_a42dd2301d.jpg

It tells me I am not allowed to use that image extension here.

My issue is weird. I can post now, although while I type my text is displayed in Courier font still. I don't care about that so much, but the worst problem is that all of the editing tools are greyed out so I can't use them. I'm using Firefox, the latest version, on a Mac. Ideas?

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php/topic/293211-everything-is-greyed-grayed-out/

My quotes are not appearing correctly when quoting from my iPhone using safari. I cleared history and cookies last night. What else might I need to do?

Sorry, can't help. I don't have an iphone to test with. Like all else, ensure you cleared your cache.

Jeff, I can't post pictures either. Here at work, I have to use IE7 and when I press the image icon the screen goes gray and I'm stuck.

Strange, I got that same problem trying to post your image link at first, on a second attempt it worked.... Weird

These should be fixed now ;)

Clear your cache again to ensure you get the new files

Nope :(

Cleared everything, closed the browser, reloaded, relogged in and tried to edit my post in EEG to add the tags. Still tells me that extension is not allowed.

I am on my home computer today (Chrome).

tell me exactly what you are doing to post the image, and which editor, plain text (grayed out buttons) or the rich text editor. Are you using the image button, or manually typing [ img ] tags?

I clicked the button to edit the post and then manually typed in the tags.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this latest update, there have been periods when Greytalk is loading really, really slowly, or timing out. Happens about a third of the time I try to use it on some days. Is this some random internet anomaly (maybe to do with a server between the US and the UK) or could it be Greytalk itself, maybe to do with the update?

I should add that it's the only site I'm having this issue with right now.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop