Lucky's Mass Was A Fibrohistiocytic Nodule-Update 46

Wonder

update post 46

====================

I got the path report when I got to work this morning. The mass was a fibrohistiocytic nodule, grade 2. Prognoisis: favorable.

So I googled it:
By definition, fibrohistiocytic nodules are not malignant cancers, but rather describe a spectrum of abnormal lymphoid cell growth (proliferation), either with or without fibrohistiocytic cells.

grade II nodules are called "benign fibrous histiocytoma"

and the best part:
If the diagnosis of grade II fibrohistiocytic nodule is confirmed, then further treatment is generally not necessary

This morning he ate a HUGE bowl of meat- ground turkey, tripe and lamb. It was the most he'd eaten at once in a week. :yay

He had more bloodwork done last night to recheck his liver values. Those results should be back today.

I'm still in shock that he's alive. Thank you again for all the prayers.

I celebrated with a glass of chocolate wine last night (sorry, I don't have a red wine glass :lol)
315756_10151110986887583_968142268_n.jpg

This year has been a roller coaster of emotions (my grandma died). I have to much to be thankful for. I'm so grateful that I have a job that allows me to rush out to tend to my dogs and co-workers who are animal lovers. I was thinking last night, if this had happened when I was laid off a few years ago, there's no way I could have afforded the $6k it cost to save Lucky. I would have still done everything but no idea how I would have paid for it. I'm so glad that I'm in a position now that money isn't an issue.
And most of all, I'm so thankful for my friends who have been here for me the last week. And everyone here on GT who prayed for him.

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm loving this news!

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Fabulous! He really is lucky, isn't he? Congrats and I hope 2013 is kinder to you!

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest OurLacyandJax

I know all about this being a **ty year, Kari. You and us both.

Anyways, I was so wanting him to come home a healthy boy! And I am so pleasantly surprised my wish was granted. Yeah, it's been that kinda year - you almost want to wish the opposite, so what you really want will come true. :-)

My gosh I think that's the best Christmas present any one could ask for! I'm so happy for you Kari and thrilled Lucky is doing so much better!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

This is such great news!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I am so happy to hear this news. I was thinking last night that I really wanted for you to get the same call I got last year after Aquitaine had her spleen removed. A year later I am so very grateful that we got this past year. I may still be paying for the surgery but she is so very worth it. Lucky is truly lucky!!! So happy for you.

:clap wonderful update

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

YAY! :D

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Really fabulous news all around! :yay Hope those blood work results come back normal as well. :goodluck

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

I am so happy to hear this news. I was thinking last night that I really wanted for you to get the same call I got last year after Aquitaine had her spleen removed. A year later I am so very grateful that we got this past year. I may still be paying for the surgery but she is so very worth it. Lucky is truly lucky!!! So happy for you.

What was her mass?

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17