Newb From Nz

Guest blueberri

Guest blueberri

Hi,

Just wanted to say hi now that I've finally registered here. Have been reading for a while to get some tips and advice with the unique issues that crop up with greys.

I'm a very proud mum to Sparky (Another Sparky), a 31kg *just* 4 year old ex-racer. He has been with us coming up 3 months now, and he came off the track around 2 weeks before that.

We've worked through significant gastritis, and separation anxiety exhibiting as destruction of items while we're out. Also working through anxiety on walks, where he turns into a statue and won't go any further.

Sparks is the most loving, sweet, goofy and adorable creature I have ever had the priviledge to have known. He makes me laugh every day, and I can only hope he enjoys his life with us.

Anyhow... this is Sparky snuggying up to my DH at the park:

017smsll.jpg

Welcome to GT! Sparky is beautiful.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sparky is gorgeous!! Sounds like you've joined the 'cult'!!! And now you'lll NEVER get out! (Not that you'd ever want to!!) :hehe

Where in NZ are you? I was there many many years ago & loved it! Thought it's the most beautiful country in the world!!!

Welcome to GT!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest blueberri

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I sure do think Sparky is a handsome boy. It's really such a shame his ears are there for decoration only :bunny I shoulda upgraded and got the functioning model! :hehe :hehe

It's our first time with a dog, so a massive learning curve for us... but I think we're all adjusting just fine.

Ozgirl2: We're in Hamilton, which is about 2/3 the way up the North Island.

We'll be having some time away soon. Will be interesting to see how Sparks likes the beach!

Guest FijiHound

Hey Neighbour!

My closest neighbour really considering Nugget is the only grey in Fiji :). I studied in Auckland for 3 years - quite a few years ago now - still miss it! Always travel there at least once every other year, hoping to do winter in Queenstown this year though!

Sparky is cute - matching bookend with Nugget :)

Wow! Sparky is extremely handsome :beatheart :beatheart!! And a great personality, to boot.

Congrats and welcome to GT!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France