Lucky Does Not Have Hsa

Wonder

The e-vet called with the biopsy results.

This is how it went

me: hello?

vet: how are you?

me: fine

vet: how's Lucky doing?

me: it is cancer?

vet: *laughs*

vet: it's not cancer

me: *screaming* WHAT??

vet: it's not cancer

me: *crying*

He said it's some fibro something or other. I was outside cleaning the yard when he called so I didn't have anything to write it down on. Plus I was crying so hard.

He explained it to me but again the crying got in the way.

He did say that with this whatever it's called, they give dogs 1 year but he said that is usually in 12+ year old dogs. Lucky is 6 so it should be longer than a year.

I asked what about his liver? He said it's fine, nothing on the biopsy.

I asked why his bilirubin was so high if there's nothing wrong with his liver. He said it's probably from the rimadyl which had been stopped after the first second day. He likes to use it right after surgery because it's injectable.

I do have a vet appt tonight to get his bilirubin checked. I am supposed to call the e-vet back tomorrow with results and we can talk about treatment.

I couldn't stop crying. I'm glad I was home when he called. I rushed inside to hug Lucky and kiss him. He just wagged his tail, happy with the attention.

Thank you for all the prayers. I just can't believe it's not HSA.

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Wonderful news! Now please make sure to update when you know what *is* going on with him (meaning the fibro-whatchamacallit). :goodluck

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Congrats!! I am so thankful that you finally got some good news!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

YAY LUCKY! I'm so happy to hear this!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

:) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! I am so happy for you Kari! Please give your gorgeous boy a hug from me.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.