Raw Patch On Chin

Guest starbuck

Guest starbuck

Just before Starbuck's bedtime snack and subsequent tucking into bed, I noticed that she has an oozing raw patch on her chin. From what I can tell, it looks like she scraped it somehow, and recently, at that. She's been asleep the entire evening while I set up the tree, and I'm a little perplexed. Should I keep an eye on it for a day or so or take her into the vet right away? (I'm obviously not opposed to bringing her in, but I'd rather not drop $100+ to learn that she somehow scraped her chin on her food bowl.) Anyone else have this happen? Thoughts? I can try to take pictures when I have better lighting.

Guest starbuck

The oozing makes me a little worried.. I would clean and watch it. Your sure it is a scrape and not a burst abcess?

I probably should have been a little more specific with the oozing. It's not pus, but rather that clear, slightly pink lymph-like fluid. This morning it seems to have scabbed a bit.