Hello Everyone! New To The Form From Il

Guest joviemom

Guest joviemom

Hello everyone! I am a new greyhound mom from IL! I had previously never owned a greyhound (only dreamed about it) and I couldnt be happier with my little girl (Jovie). I also have a cat (Lando), and a horse (Dooney a retired Thoroughbred).

Pics of the whole clan!

Jovie - 4 years old

311117_10100900953868329_1588307850_n.jpg

(her usual pose)

76676_10100888167422469_1142150673_n.jpg

Lando - 3 year old ragdoll

155198_10100827929759229_414271523_n.jpg

His typical pose lol

74801_835612139719_1202531_n.jpg

And last but not least Dooney - 10 year old TB that I rescued a few years ago

377215_10100301796768959_1745792830_n.jpg

IMG_2950-1.jpg

Welcome to GT and as they say, Fasten Your Seat Belt! Greyhounds are a hoot and will keep you dizzy and amazed.

You have a beautiful family.

Check out all the forums here, you learn a lot. Cute and funny forum makes me laugh all the time.

sue, owned by bancroft.

Welcome aboard, lovely looking family! :)

Jovie is lovely looking girl, your ragdoll Lando is beautiful too, looks like they have the same favorite pose :beatheart

Dooney is very handsome.

Wow, grey, cat and TB! What a terrific family.

This is the best place to find answers to all the questions you will have about greys and often about other things too.

Welcome!

Hello from Mahomet, IL. Jovie is adorable!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome! What an amazing critter family you have -- all three are gorgeous! I love the coloring of your TB.

I've got a roaching cat, too. It's really funny when the dog and cat are roaching at the same time. I was just noticing the other night that my cat roaches a lot more than she did before Olivia (my grey) came to live with us a year ago.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)

Guest IrskasMom

Well, that is some Beautiful Family you got there. WELCOME to GT. BTW Jovie is gorgeous :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart

Edited by IrskasMom

Beautiful family...welcome and thanks for sharing.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest joviemom

Thanks everyone! I have taken a look around this forum and it seems like this will be a GREAT resource! This is my first hound so I am sure I will have tons of questions!

Also on the comments on the roaching cat (lol) he has ALWAYS done that, and rarely actually sleeps on his stomach. Its really normal for a ragdoll (and actually the breed standard) for them to sleep like that.

:wave from rural Ontario.

Along with the hounds, we have 5 horses

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg