Fleas!

Despite Frontline plus, I found 4 fleas on Henry--and the poor boy seems to be mildly allergic to them. We're washing everything in hot water, vacuuming everything else. I gave him a bath with regular shampoo to try to get them off which seems to have worked.

Question is, what can I safely buy to bath him for the fleas and to spray around his bedding? We do have a rabbit, but he never goes in her room.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest team_tonio

I had a heck of a time with fleas when Antonio came home... i switched to advantix but the best advice from my vet was to treat the house. We did everything you have been doing plus bought a spray for the house directly from the vet - aerosol can - spray then repeat in three weeks. It worked wonderfully. If you have four fleas you have more, you're just not seeing them. Good luck!!! :)

We have excellent luck with this stuff at the vet clinic I work at http://www.amazon.com/Siphotrol-Plus-Premise-Spray-16oz/dp/B000KVSTC0

We keep the animals off the sprayed items for about 20 minutes and after a little bit of airing out, everyone is good to sit, lay, roll, etc with no adverse effects.

Forever in my Heart Joe T Greyhound, Charly Bear, Angel Daisy, and Katze & Buzz Kitty.

when i moved here to the UK in 1987 my then doggie, Timber, had to go into quarantine for 6 mo. in spite of having his rabies shots, vet papers, etc. ( i could only visit him once a month) anyway, when he came home he had fleas and a developed allergy that the quarantine vet had been dipping and treating him for. it didn't work.

my vet here (a neighbour) prescribed frontline for the adult fleas & a hormonal spray for the house that prevented the larvae from turning into adults. repeat spray after two weeks. worked like a charm. have not seen a single flea on any of my dogs here since and haven't had to use frontline on my greyhounds at all.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

Guest team_tonio

We have excellent luck with this stuff at the vet clinic I work at http://www.amazon.com/Siphotrol-Plus-Premise-Spray-16oz/dp/B000KVSTC0

We keep the animals off the sprayed items for about 20 minutes and after a little bit of airing out, everyone is good to sit, lay, roll, etc with no adverse effects.

:nod

What Wendie said! This is what we used... worked awesome!

Must treat the house! Fleas spend most of their time off of the pet and into the environment. At our clinic we carry Knockout--premise spray that works very well. You need to wash everything your dog has been sleeping on etc... And vacuum, vacuum vacuum.

Not fun :-(