Fingers Crossed For Gracie Please/update Home & Snoozing

My beautiful girl is at the vet getting her teeth cleaned today. At 12.5 years old I worry a bit more about this visit. Keep some good thoughts for her please. (I am especially nervous since we lost a senior greyhound years ago within 30 minutes of bringing him home for his dental - stroke.)

I took this photo of Gracie yesterday in the afternoon sun.

014.jpg

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hope all goes well!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Prayers for Gracie - easy procedure, quick and complete recovery. Hugs (and maybe an adult beverage later) for Ducky.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thinking good thoughts, that Gracie will be back to you before you know it, safe and sound and with sparkling white teeth!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

sending many prayers!!! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Phone call from the vet tech said she did well. I forgot to ask if she lost any teeth.

As per the usual protocol, I told my vet how nervous I was, made sure he would be using the same anesthesia that she did well with, and reminded them to support her back when going on/off the table. I also made sure that Gracie was wearing a hat, since my vet has come to expect it. :bgeorge

And I brought a big box of Dunkin Donuts Munchins, with silly photos of Gracie taped to the box.

I can bring her home at 4pm.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Gracie wore a hat to the clinic? :wub: From my toofer-challenged Gracie to your hat-wearin' girl, we will be looking for a good report once your sweetie is home. :goodluck

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Phone call from the vet tech said she did well. I forgot to ask if she lost any teeth.

As per the usual protocol, I told my vet how nervous I was, made sure he would be using the same anesthesia that she did well with, and reminded them to support her back when going on/off the table. I also made sure that Gracie was wearing a hat, since my vet has come to expect it. :bgeorge

And I brought a big box of Dunkin Donuts Munchins, with silly photos of Gracie taped to the box.

I can bring her home at 4pm.

wonderful update :clap

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Lady had her dental this AM too. She lost 90% of her teeth but I don't know much else as the vet had gone to lunch so waiting for him to get back to update me. Hope Gracie didn't loose that many teeth & feels ok when you pick her up.

I hope your Lady feels OK. My tiny Tessa only has 2 teeth and does just fine without them.

tiny hada siggy.png

Gracie is home. She has had a nap. She had a smaller portion of her dinner, per vet's instructions. She has some dark circles under her eyes. She gets them with each anesthesia.

Her bloodwork and ECG were both within normal limits. No extractions.

Whew!

Oh, and I am very glad that she had her stress-induced diarrhea blowout at the vet's and not in the car coming home.

tiny hada siggy.png