Spud Could Use Some Good Thought And Prayers

Guest BlackandBrindle

I am so sorry for your horrible news about Spud, and know exactly how you feel, as our precious Robin passed away 1 1/2 weeks ago from prostate cancer at age 7.

Sending hugs and hoping you have many, many good days/weeks/months.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so saddened to read this. You and Spud, and Sadie too, will continue to be in my thoughts. We have missed you on GT!

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

Guest BlackandBrindle

He's okay right now on pain meds. He's getting so many cookies he doesn't know what alien has taken over mom's brain. :P

I am losing my mind but trying to hold things together for my baby. I appreciate the support. I think the shock is starting to wear off but the fear will be there until the end.

Sorry to hear what you're looking at, and still hoping for VF (isn't that crazy? We HOPE for Valley Fever).

As Jen said above, palliative care can still give you a lot of good time, if it turns out to be...that other thing. I had 6 GOOD months with Sutra with just Deramaxx, tramadol, and pamidronate. We didn't know about gabapentin at the time, but, it can also make a HUGE difference for pain. Others in our osteo group have made it longer. FedX was a year and 9 months, I think (?) on palliative care. Others have done very well and come close to a year.

We went the amp and chemo route with Pinky and she had an AMAZING year. But, it was a rear leg. She recuperated right away and never looked back. In a lot of ways becoming a tripod changed her, for the better. She became more independent, more of her own dog. Her personality bloomed and she battled through everything.

Deciding a treatment route is a very personal choice that NO ONE will ever criticize you for. We just want you to know that you do have LOTS of options, and we're here to support you in whatever options you choose.

But we're still hoping it's Valley Fever ;)

Hugs to you :grouphug

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh Mary Jo I'm so sorry. Spuds has always been a special boy & please as someone said earlier take a lot of pictures now. I didn't as I didn't think Ebony was going to leave so soon & then she got looking so terrible that I didn't really want to rember her that way. Hugs to all of ou.

Noooooooo!!!!! VF mimics it in X-rays. I pray the blood work proves the X-rays wrong!!!!! The blood work cleared Shanti. I'm praying for the same on Spudzilla.

So not fair. :(

I hope so too! :candle:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Add me to the list of people sending loads of good thoughts for Spudz. You know he's one of my favorite GT boys :beatheart

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Big hugs to you Mary Jo....

:weep:grouphug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Guest G2G_Greys

Mary Jo....my thoughts are with you, Roy, Sadie and Spud. Please let me know if you need anything, I am just a phone call away. Sending all my love and prayers.

Jenny

Edited by G2G_Greys

I was glad to see you back Mary Jo, but I'm so sorry it is under these circumstances. Spoil Spud rotten and take lots of pictures. Hang in there. Thinking about you.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15