Bonding With My New Greyhound

Guest milkymoon

The best I can recommend it lots of long walks together. Is there a forest you can visit? Or a trail system near you? Being in a dog park or sniffing around the yard doesn't count. The long walks with you will stimulate her and make her feel she is a part of a pack (of two). It will contribute to the bonding process more than anything else you can do IMO. Please remember that if she has not been walked a great deal then it will take some time to build up her endurance.

She's beautiful...thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to more pics and stories about your sweet girl

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

She's lovely :) and it sounds like you're doing really well, so well done! If she's happy to sleep in your bed then that sounds like she's settling in nicely. I have read that having them sleeping in the same room as you can help with the bonding :)

I liked the advice about routines. I remember when we first got Shane. He really didn't do "Weird". Regular meals at regular time, Weekly trips to playgroup, Regular routes around the neighborhood. After a while he saw that he could be comfortable and safe with us.

I am a DH. Spencer and Shane are my dawgs. Mosby is The Cat. Greyhead is our wife (pronounced woof).

What a beauty! Congratulations on your new girl. Enjoy watching her figure things out. I love when all of a sudden it clicks for them, "I'm home. This is my family."