Crate Sizes

My husband and I are going to be adopting a greyhound within the next 6 months and I saw on another thread on Greytalk that Tractor Supply Co. is going to be having their dog crates 40% off. So I was wondering with NOT knowing what size of the greyhound that adopts us, would this be a good choice? Or chould should I go to the next size down. And is this a good price after a 40% discount? Eventually if our grey doesn't need to be crated we won't crate him/her. Here's the link to the crate I am interested in.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/black-single-door-pet-crate-91-110-lb-weight-range-2401498

My husband and I are going to be adopting a greyhound within the next 6 months and I saw on another thread on Greytalk that Tractor Supply Co. is going to be having their dog crates 40% off. So I was wondering with NOT knowing what size of the greyhound that adopts us, would this be a good choice? Or chould should I go to the next size down. And is this a good price after a 40% discount? Eventually if our grey doesn't need to be crated we won't crate him/her. Here's the link to the crate I am interested in.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/black-single-door-pet-crate-91-110-lb-weight-range-2401498

I would say the 48 would be perfect. I'm glad you guys are finally getting your grey! What group did you decide to go with?

amr236.jpg
**Shellie with GiGi aka: Good Girl (Abita Raginflame X Ace High Heart) and two honorary hounds Butter and Bella**

https://www.etsy.com/shop/GiGisCloset2?ref=si_shop

In my zip code area, it's listed at $99, so 40% off of that is a good price. Perfect size, too. Add a nice cushioned, comfy pad with bumper sides all around that fits the crate size and you're good to go. Lots of sources for the pads--I think I got mine online at KV Pet Supply.

http://www.tractorsu...t-range-2401498

I would say the 48 would be perfect. I'm glad you guys are finally getting your grey! What group did you decide to go with?

We are going to go with Greyhounds of Shamrock or GPA- Lexington.

Summit had a Giant crate. We keep that one up north at the BF's folks' house. Back at home we bought a crate on sale at TSC. We bought the XXL this time around. Summit CAN fit in it, but I'd definitely prefer a giant size for him. Luckily it's not for him. We knew the next hound would be female so we went with a size down. And we still can't even really use it since Kili is still so young.

Not knowing what hound you're getting I'd go with the Giant size. If you knew you were getting a female you could consider going down to a XXL.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

bigger the better,if you have the space. Our group will loan a crate for a month to see if you really need it. If a dog was fostered he may not have been crated even though he was supposed to be. We prefer the hard plastic kennels. Easy to clean, won't rust and dogs feel comfortable with the privacy. You can always throw a cover over open open wire cage. Watch collars and tags getting caught on wires. Some take them off dogs when caged.