Soft Stool?

Guest Krizzy

We have had our Hammer for a month now and everything is awesome. He loves to go different places like my mother in laws house, my sisters house, the forest preserve for walks.....but he will have really soft poop when he goes. Does anyones grey do that? Is it because they get excited? If he just goes around the house, its normal and solid. I notice its usually soft when he goes somewhere new. Is this normal?

I think you've hit it on the nail. He's excited or even a bit nervous in new places and it's shown by his intestines working quickly and overtime. This is, of course, just my opinion, but in the 16 months I've had my girl, new things can often create a temporary issue with her poo.

Guest karilynn

Yep, totally normal. I've been taking my boy, Bullet, to the dog park for 8 months now and seriously, every single time we are there, he is SO excited that he has runny poop the entire time.

Guest itsagreytlife

Ok. This makes sense. Our new sensitive giant boy also gets those drippy poops on exciting walks and other places. Duh. I was always thinking there was something wrong with him, food, bowels, or whatever. Very good to figure that one out.