Digger Dog Toes

JohnF

You know how it goes... only the other day I posted Peggy's Digger Dog photos in the 'Cute & Funnie's' section here.

Not quite so cute & funny today though when, as a result of cleaning with mediscrub one of her front paws that got scraped between the toes on a digging session at the weekend, and also wanting to clip her toenail, I got prevented from doing either job properly because she's such a squirmer. OK, dammit.... I'll take you to the vet to have it done!

Just as well though as they found she'd scraped off an inch of skin from the inside of one of her toes going right up into the crease and it was getting a bit infected. So THAT was why her feet had become 'mustn't touch' territory! No limp or anything, just too sore.

So now she's on Noroclav tablets and restricted to leash in clean areas only for several weeks. (I guess 'clean' areas are non-muddy places?). Hopefully it will heal by what the vet called 'secondary intention', but if it doesn't they'll put some stictches in when there is no longer an infection there. He didn't seem at least surprised and remarked that Greyhound feet with paper-thin skin and prone to that kind of problem.

So.... digging has now become a misdemeanour that will have to be stamped out! Other owners take note...

Hopefully my digger will stick with sand on the beach.

DSC_0897.jpg

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross