Slick Valentino 2/14/01 - 11/10/12

TheFullHouse

Oh my beautiful Valentino, who is going to rub mom all over with their head? You never gave a kiss but could give the best head rubs known to man.

Valentino came to us on November 16, 2004. He walked into our home like he owned the place. He tried to take on every single dog in the house. He is the only dog out of all the dogs we have bought into our home to ever get his mouth on Jilly Bean and he learned a hard lesson that day, Jilly bites. He was aggressive as all get out and the only dog to ever try and bite me. He and I worked two long years on dealing with his aggression issues and we succeeded. My beautiful, regal boy became the biggest love bug. He's one of the dogs that never got on the furniture. He had the opportunity but chose dog beds instead and he slept in his crate, by choice until today.

Valentino, you gave mom the best gift ever. After having eating issues for the last six months you finally started eating again and then two weeks ago you changed. You were always our quiet boy, only talking when you needed to go outside and two weeks ago you turned into Saint. You started talking all the time, you started waking me up in the morning yelling at me to get up. I even called you Saint by accident! You decided that the penguin on my desk was yours and started playing with it and throwing it around and then decided you wanted to play with Kevin like crazy. I remember thinking it was like Saint and taken over your body.

Well yesterday you collapsed and this morning you couldn't walk, just like Saint did. We ended up at the vet's on a Saturday morning (exactly like Saint) and as I held you in my arms and told you what a wonderful boy you had been over the last almost 8 years, you slipped away and joined Saint and Heart at the bridge. I know Saint was very happy to see you because you and he, besides being litter mates, were best buddies. I hope you told Saint and Heart how much mom and dad miss them.

I love you so much big boy and you will never, ever be forgotten. You almost made your 8th Gotcha Day, you missed by 6 days.

Godspeed my lovely boy.

December302011002.jpg

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judy and Mike,

I feel like I have known Valentino forever. Aside from being missed by you, he will be missed on this board. I am so very sorry for your loss.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

A beautiful tribute. I am so sorry for the loss of Valentino. Heartbreaking.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Judy, Mike and Kevin,

I am so totally ripped for you, I have no words at all. I did not want to see this here today. You have had way too many losses. :bighug

Run with the angels Handsome Sweet Valetino, you are with the very very best ~ find your brother Saint he will show you the way ~

Oh how my heart aches for you.

Rest well sweetie.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.