New From Pa

Guest SeeJoy

SofieandRoo.jpg[/img]

This is my first time uploading a pic so I hope this works..

Ok..I see it didn't quite work as I planned..

I'll work on getting the picture up and not just the link..

Anyway, these are my girls.

"Sofie", fka Jim Martha, is on the right and "Roo", fka Magic Mangroo, is on the left.

We've had Sofie for 6 weeks and Roo for 4 weeks and adopted them from NGAP.

Our first greys and we love them dearly!

Today we were down looking for a potential # 3..

Edited by SeeJoy

Soooo cute! I wish my husband would let us get a third!!

Who were you looking at at NGAP? Just curious hehe I stalk their site....

With the exception of "Joker" & "Stacy", both of whom we looked at previously,

we looked at a handful of their new greys that are yet to be posted as adoptable.

There are many awesome guys and gals down there but we need cat and small dog tolerable/friendly,

so that limits the possibilities.

Today we walked Danny, Zander, Camel & Aesop, and re-looked at Joker & Stacy.

Stacy doesn't like men, or maybe she just doesn't like my man..so she is off our list.

We liked Sky and Groovy a lot..but we learned Sky doesn't "do" cats.

Beautiful pups

SofieandRoo.jpg

You just need to paste the code rather than use the link

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si). Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest DeniseL

Awwwww poor little stacey! She keeps getting passed over....she was so cute, but wouldn't get within 15 feet of my husband, either. She was the first we walked back in july. I hope she finds a home soon...if we had a bigger house or just a yard I would have 3 in a heartbeat....im so jealous :)

Awwwww poor little stacey! She keeps getting passed over....she was so cute, but wouldn't get within 15 feet of my husband, either. She was the first we walked back in july. I hope she finds a home soon...if we had a bigger house or just a yard I would have 3 in a heartbeat....im so jealous :)

I do so wish someone would take Stacy into their heart and home! Perhaps she would come around in time to having a man in her life given the chance..

We live in a 100 yr. old small twin..less than 1000' sq ft. Thankfully we have a small fenced in back yard which gives our girls room to play and do their

business.

The only downside is that "BG", Before Greyhounds, we took the sod up from half of it and planted a garden..

So 6 weeks ago, when we decided to "GG", Go Grey, we bought bales of straw, shook them out and covered the bare dirt in that section.

Sofie and Roo love the straw! And it makes it very easy to pick up after them. But every couple of months the straw will need to be replenished and after

a session of zoomies I need to tidy up the straw with a leaf rake.

We aren't sure what we will do with the yard surface long term..

If we didn't have the yard I doubt I'd consider a 3rd.

Though I walk the girls twice a day, and we visit a dog park to run once a week, I'm not sure how I'd manage walking 3 four X's a day.

Welcome to GT! Your girls are beautiful! Good luck on number three. I believe Zander's mom is owned by a GT'er.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

• 2 weeks later...

Give it an hour or two and today will mark the 1st week of adding a 3rd grey to our crew :)

We now have a 3 Pac & a Jack!

Below is "Jax", fka "Schooner", race name "Dave Pano".

Last Sunday we drove out to Nittany Greyhounds, by State College, PA, where we were warmly welcomed by Toni & Ellen.

After meeting the potentials..it was so hard not to come with three boys..

"Jax" is on the left, next is "Sophia" and to the right is our shy girl "Roo"

The handsome guy is Chris~

JAX_SOPHIA_ROO.jpg

Edited by SeeJoy